Forum members spent more time to study the Watchtower then the dubs do

by Country_Woman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Now that I have read a lot of threads and comments, I can only imagine that the majority of Ex JW’s are (and were) much more keen to learn then the ordinary dub.
    When I look to myself, I took everything for common, but once I start looking further - I found out so much -not expected- that I let myself fade away.
    With another personality I should have disassociate myself. (but I am lazy)

My observation is that most of the posters learnt to much to be comfortable in the WT - plus they could’nt stand all the non biblical veto’s anymore and than drifted away.

What do you think ? Are you studying even more today ?

• blackout
    blackout

Yes I Study much more now and know more History of the WT. I remember being excited when proclaimers came out because I thought it would be a history of JW's, I was very disappointed.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Country, I study less these days, however as a JW I was an aid book studier, lol. I knew what I believed and why. Usually people who know what they believe are easier to get out of the WT, those who dont know what they believe are led to thin we ex's are misrepresenting the Watchotwers beliefs. They dont bother to research to see if what we are saying is true, they just assume the Society is right so we must be wrong.

Thats why the Society is producing organisational people rather than Bible students these days.

Brummie

• Dansk
    Dansk

Absolutely! Recent revelations on Watchtower falseness I've thoroughly digested recently are: Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom both by Ray Franz, The Gentile Times Rediscovered by Carl Olof Jonsson, The Sign of the Last Days, When? by Carl Olof Jonsson and Wolfgang Herbst, Jehovah's Witnesses by Edmond C. Gruss, and A Short History of The Bible by Bronson C. Keeler.

Dansk

• Buster
    Buster

No question! Since I've rediscovered interest in the dubbies, I am a much more serious student of the topic. I purchased and read many old publications. I read many of the 60's and 70's books again. I have studied some very intently. Additionally, I've read many non-dub books to give more context to the beliefs of my youth. I guess I'm knida bored with it now, but at the time it was revelation after jaw-dropping revelation, punctuated with 'how did I ever believe that crap?'

I would say that the answer for almost everybody would be '"Yes, by definition." Some dubbies focus hard on memorizing the contrived rationalizations. But for the most part, they just hear the 'current understanding', nod their head, and look down on anybody with the temerity to question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit