Were you married at the Kingdom Hall ? How bad was your wedding reception ?

by run dont walk 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

We had a great reception, nothing extravagent or lavish although it did have a nice view across the bay of Conwy Castle which was very picturesque.

We did a "first waltz" (Yes, I danced !!) but other than that it was very informal, relaxed and unregimented. No 'official' wedding party table or anything like that and everyone had good time and partied into the early hours (so we're told ... we erm ... went to bed early )

No long speeches or 'pained' reading of cards and stuff like that.

Lots of people said it was the best wedding they'd been to!

It was the best one I've been to

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((( Lady Lee )))

I'm sorry your wedding was off. The sentence about his mother calling was priceless! I can't imagine.

Hugs

Love,

Cassi

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh gosh Cassi I wish it was off - called off

yea mama called to beg the poor boy to come home. Took us a year to finally move out of that basement and both her and his dad crying on the doorstep. oiiii

(((cassi)))

Lee

• Xena
    Xena

Even though I am getting divorced I still view my marriage day as one of the happiest days of my life...it wasn't much but I was surrounded by my family and friends....we were still a family then and it's a nice memory...the brother that gave our talk was a sweethart and did a great job...I still enjoy watching the video with my daughter. We had our reception outside in the park where tyydyy asked me to marry him....everyone seemed to have a good time I know I did

• Deli King
    Deli King

I one went to a wedding reception in the gym of the local elementary school

It was in July had severe thunderstorm humid as hell (90 degrees+)and the their was no music and the kids about fifty of the ran around all night...the smell in the gym was you know!

the food was your typical "bring-a dish", that was ice cold and tasted awful

Not quite the worst reception I ever attended as dub......

• Bibbitybobbityboo
    Bibbitybobbityboo

There was this one JW wedding I attended where the bride & groom probably weighed 550 lbs between them. The elder giving the talk included a whole discussion about how in Bible times the ' b ride price' was measured in cows. He just kept comparing the bride to a cow... it was awful. Later at the reception the bride sang 'Do it to me one more time' to the groom. She could not sing - it was truly embarrassing.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    Later at the reception the bride sang 'Do it to me one more time' to the groom. She could not sing - it was truly embarrassing

that is truly the most lol thing i have ever heard.

he he he he.....

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder and I on our wedding day

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

When I was maid of honor in my JW friends wedding (she was only 18 ) they had the lamest band perform. It was elevator music shit. You could not dance to it, but *d-oh* silly me. Dancing is so immoral.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000
    - Another classic was, they had this band (of all JW's of course) and man they were bad. You had to be there, hard to put into words.

Please, please, PLEASE don't tell me this was MY band - "Brother to Brother", from Brooklyn Bethel! Seriously, was it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit