Any men out there on jwd

by Jayson 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Jayson
    Jayson

http://www.thenewtnn.com/

who the hell is Shelton Jackson Lee? And why does he think he is a TV channel?Stupid liberal Yorker courts.

http://www.uwire.com/content/topops062403001.html

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

That is ridiculous...many times over. I just lost respect for Spike Lee. Frivolous lawsuits are bad for everyone.

Lee told reporters at last week's hearing that he "[didn't] want to be associated with some 'Stripperella' crap."

Granted, Stripperella is crap...but I didn't associate Spike Lee with The New TNN until I read this. This is overkill.

• Gopher
    Gopher

TNN used to be "The Nashville Network" until Viacom took it over. Since then it's been TNN -- The National Network, which is a bit of a mouthful just to preserve the old TNN network name.

So they sought to institute SpikeTV as their new name, which is kind of catchy and will appeal to the young male audience Viacom is seeking for this channel.

Along comes lawyer Johnnie Cochran arguing for Spike Lee, that SpikeTV is somehow an infringement!! C'mon, get real.

Spike is not unique. There was a parody-singer during World War 2 named Spike Jones. (He was sort of the Weird Al Yankovic of his day.)

People name their dog Spike.

Spike Lee is an idiot, in my opinion.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Spike Jones is filing a motion on the part of Viacom. He said he is the origianl Spike and Spike Lee pulled it from him.

I hope Viacom wins. I can't wait for Stripperella!

• rem
    rem

Spike Lee is so pathetic! I read this the other day - it's just too ridiculous. Spike Lee must think we are all idiots.

rem

• sandy
    sandy

A few words for Spike Lee:

GET OVER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Who the hell is Spike Lee?

Pamela Anderson.......... I know ?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Spike Lee is one of the best film directors working.

• Aztec
    Aztec

While I respect Spike Lee's work I think this is one of the stupidest lawsuits I've seen. When I hear the word spike I think of football, not Malcolm X. *shakes head in disgust*

~Aztec

• outnfree
    outnfree

See now, Azzy? I disagree. When I hear "spike," I think: volleyball.

I haven't read about the suit, just heard it on the radio news, but, truthfully, when I hear "SpikeTV" I DO think Spike Lee. I would have assumed he was branching out from film with all the $$ he's made....

outnfree

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit