What’s Your Favorite Type of Music/Songs/Singers???

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I love r&b music, funk and soul, even some disco. I’ve been listening to Retro Soul Radio out of London lately and the music is without commercial interruptions 24 hours a day. Mostly 70s and 80s music.

I love everything from Elvis Presley to Tom Jones too. Not into too much country or very hard rock .

What is your favorite type of music and artists. Also any recommendations for internet radio that you have found?

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

60s abd 70s rock, but I like most all music, Rap is not music but angrily talking in cadence.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Disco - Bee Gees

• Simon
    Simon

I have a pretty weird and unusual range of music that I listen too.

Some genres definitely get fewer selections overall (rap, ugh, mostly garbage) and others get more plays, but why limit yourself to any one genre? Just listen to whatever you enjoy and makes you laugh, cry, tap your foot, swing your trousers or whatever.

Right now I'm listening to a lot of "The Band" which usually involves a fair amount of Dylan too.

Other times I'll be listening to a broadway show, or some punk, blues, jazz, disco, folk or classical.

• Steel
    Steel

I find myself really liking Trash lately. Funny thing , I am in my 40s.

I discovered a band called Power Trip which lead me into some old Slayer, Sepultura, old Megadeth.

Some of the old Megadeth albums you are really see the Watchtower influence on David Mustaine. The peace sells cover looks like it could be an awake cover.

• Steel
    Steel

Simon

I do some research on the song " The night they drove old Dixie down ".

It was actually written by a jewish person who was just a history buff ( Robbie Robertson ). The truth about the song it was actually about the confederates that burned the city down as they retreated, not the Union taking everything.

I sure hope with this cancel culture that song doesn't get banned. Its a great song.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Well my girlfriend turned me on to the 60s - 70s and 80s. It's hard to believe that before I was born, there was Michael Jackson, Marvin Gaye (will I be cancelled for saying his last name)

Diana Ross, Stevie wonder, The Beatles, etc.

What were girls like back then????????

• Steel
    Steel

I didn't realize how awesome thriller was till I listened to it in full on Spotify like two weeks ago.

It was kind of like " Wow, so that what the big deal was all about ".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I grew up in the 80s.

Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Van Halen, AC/DC...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pitolpete - "'What were girls like back then????????"

Big hair.

Guys, too, really.

Vidiot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit