How many of you are remarried to a "WORLDLY" spouse and are HAPPIER now?

by Jessica Rabbit 28 Replies latest jw friends

• sandy
    sandy

I have never been married or even dated a JW guy but I must say for a worldly guy, my guy is alright.

And in the words of wolfgirl:

And he opened my eyes to a whole new world (god that sounds sappy) of things I had never known before.
  • MrsQ
    MrsQ

Count me in!

My "worldy?" husband is the sweetest, most respectful person I've ever met. I honestly can't believe he's for real sometimes. He is all those things that those JW men I grew up with CLAIMED to be: humble, loving, supportive, loyal...but with the added bonus that he doesn't think he's my godd*mn 'head'.

I was married to a JW for 3 years. He liked to knock me around. He was an abusive bastard--physically and mentally. My dad loved him, even though he smoked and talked sh*t about the org behind everyone's back the entire time we were married. Finally, I got sick of him and left him. I *gasp* committed ADULTURY...got a divorce, and felt INSTANT relief.

Needless to say, even though I told my dad about my ex's behavior, he still said I should have stuck with him. I battle with this even now--because I it makes me feel real hatred toward my father. He would rather me be abused and miserable with someone in "the truth" than with the incredible man I am with today.

Q.

• nelly1
    nelly1

well i got married to someone just as i was getting into the org..but got rid of him not long after that..was single the whole time i was in the org..for 13 years..then i married a brother and it was one of the biggest mistakes of my life....he was looser with a capital L.. then i have been single since january this year when i ended the relationship....had a few duds that i met in the world..but now i have met a wonderful man who is not a witness and is everything a JW brother should be...respectful loving , kind, understanding, and loves me like his own body...and yes i am sooooooo much happier now...isnt that ironic that we are so much happier when it was meant to be the other way around!!! funny that!!!

• RoseGirl
    RoseGirl

Wow, reading what you wrote in the beginning of this thread sounds exactly what I have gone through. It sounds like I was married to the same guy you were, Jessica.

I have a wonderful " worldy" man in my life now that treats me just like the bible says your mate should treat you. When I look back on my life married to a "brother" I wonder how in the world I stayed in that marriage so long. The bible says the only reason you can get scripturally free is adultry. So I made sure I was free.

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

Rosegirl,

You are a woman that gets things done. I took care of business as well. Doesn't it blow your mind how many of us are happy after all the B.S. we were taught? He went to a memorial with me a couple of years ago (so I could show him off). We got stuck sitting on the front row. All these people I knew all my life walked up to shake his hand and didn't even give me a second look. He'll never go back and neither will I.

Jessica Rabbit

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I am married to a worldling and couldn't be happier. I think Mrs Thirdson is wonderful and still frequently find myself amazed that she married me. My JW parents don't know and have not tried to get know Mrs Thirdson. That met her briefly in 1999 and have spoken to her no more than half dozen times since then. I think that is their loss.

Thirdson

• Tammie
    Tammie

Both my husband and I were JWs when we were married. But in my case, I ended up with a jewel of a man. He saw how his dad treated his mom (like crap) and decided then that he would never be like his dad. Our marrage is a true partnership, and our sex has always been very very good. But it was only after we left the JWs together did things get better. No longer did we have the JWs butting in our marrage and telling us what to do and how to raise our children.

On the other hand, hubby has a brother, who is a very much involved in the JW world. He is married to my sister, who is also very much involved in the JW world. But the way he treats her......very very bad.

• onacruse
    onacruse

NeonM:

She's constantly telling me how great I am (someday, maybe I'll start to believe her).

Boy, does that ever say it for me too. I'm happy for ya, man.

Life is good.

Craig

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    Life is good.

Craig

Well now that I see my sweetie has posted here I will too! I wasn't sure if Craig qualified for a "worldly" or not, after all he is an evil apostate, they are waaaaaaay worste than just a "worldly-guy" right? LOL

I couldn't be happier! I could go overboard and get owie,gooie,mushy here but I'll just let it stand that I couldn't be happier with my sweet adorable, lovable, wonderful, huggable teddy bear, hunkahunkof burning love apostate husband!

Kate (of the swooned by onacruse and couldn't be happier class)

PS Oh yeah I'm way happier than I ever was with my JW husband!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit