Recent study links processed meats to cancer

by duc007az 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    The report I heard referred to cured meats.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I was eating fast food ( for lunch ) every day for a year, at my last job. Wendy's burger, fries, Dr Pepper. I now have love handles that are going to take, Jeehoober knows how long, to get rid off!!!

That shit is bad for you! All you scientist types, please use your evolved brain for a moment. You supposedly exist because you evolved over time, along with the food you eat. The plants and the animals that ate them, which you eat, also evolved.

Then comes Science, which is awesome. Stuff is being invented ( for good reasons, like preserving food ) and eaten before any long term studies were done. Then there are those who don't care what their products do. They know that we only live so long, so they may as well get filthy rich and live the sweet life before they die.

Do you guys really believe that we should be eating things that never existed 150 years ago? Sure, people have always died from disease, but that's not the point. We have come so incredibly far with our medical care, compared to 200 years ago, but we could do more. We could stop eating crap.

What are the Big Corporations afraid of? Losing money? Overpopulation? I'm seriously asking, " What are they afraid of? Why not change?" Perhaps some are trying, but running into red tape? It can't be easy to change the way things have "always" ( OMG, that's so arrogant..) been done.

In the end, you are on your own. I knew my last job was killing my body and soul, so I quit. I took responsibility for myself. It's all any of us can do.

Back to the OP. JWs aren't DF'd for being fat from sugar consumption, or processed foods, because the WTBTS would lose 1/2 of its members. Those people who populate the handicapped and elderly section of the conventions are desperate for the Pandadise. They contribute lots of $$$ to the BORG. Also, can you imagine the legal ramifications of excommunicating someone because they are a glutton?? The WTBTS would be bankrupt before you could say "Super Size."

DD

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    duc007az:

"So a recent study says processed meats are just as dangerous as cigarettes when it comes to cancer. The WTBS has had a long time stance that smoking is a df offense."

Cigarettes are drugs and taking drugs is linked with spiritism. There, you see?

As for unprocessed meat they have a lot of junk in them too. Unless it's organic meat it won't be healthy.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    I knew about sodium nitrite being a carcinogen, years ago.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Processed meat contains nitrite. Taking ascorbic acid with your processed meat minimizes the risk. In addition, many processed meats contain monosodium glutamate, and use low quality meat products that are inferior in nutrition to fresh meats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit