How Jehovah’s Witnesses leaders hide child abuse secrets at all costs - Reveal News - December 10, 2016

by jwleaks 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

How Jehovah's Witnesses leaders hide child abuse secrets at all costs

By Trey Bundy

Reveal News

December 10, 2016

The leadership of the Jehovah’s Witnesses has boldly defied court orders to turn over the names and whereabouts of alleged child sexual abusers across the United States.

Since 2014, courts have slapped the Jehovah’s Witnesses’ parent corporation – the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York – with multimillion-dollar judgments and sanctions for violating orders to hand over secret documents.

The documents could serve as a road map to what are likely thousands of alleged child abusers living freely in communities across the country, who still could be abusing kids. The files include the names of known and suspected perpetrators, the locations of their congregations and descriptions of their alleged crimes.

“I’ve been practicing law for 37 years, and I’ve never seen anything like it,” said attorney Irwin Zalkin, who represents victims of sexual abuse by Jehovah’s Witnesses. “They do everything to protect the reputation of the organization over the safety of children" . . .

https://www.revealnews.org/article/how-jehovahs-witnesses-leaders-hide-child-abuse-secrets-at-all-costs/

• zeb
    zeb

I am amazed that the judge here didn't issue warrants for the arrest of the gb and the elders involved.

Fining the wts means nothing as they have a bottom less pit of money to use.

Is this what the gb want? to be arrested to see a wave of arrests go round the world; then cry persecution persecution! or is some thing just more fundamental that they are running a perverts club and the revelation of same would see total collapse of the wt empire?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Zeb said - "I am amazed that the judge here didn't issue warrants for the arrest of the gb and the elders involved."

Zalkin said - "he believes that state and federal law enforcement agencies have a moral obligation to investigate the Watchtower’s child abuse policies and seize its files."

The longer the WTBTS evades any punitive measures by governmental agencies, the more I am convinced that the org is nothing less than an integral part of the political & financial system, and as such, has "friends in high places" who for the time being are providing cover for them.

It seems that U.K. football authorities and teams have likewise been shielded from "bad publicity" due to the child rapists and abusers in their organization being concealed from public scrutiny. It will be interesting to see which/how many high profile persons helped to keep things quiet in British football - just like Jimmy Savile at the BBC.

Time will tell if the org faces the same fate.

• never a jw
  • redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Thanks for sharing. Trey is doing such a great job, he's always on top of it!

Meanwhile, Zalkin currently has 18 lawsuits pending against the Watchtower.

Oops!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I think throwing the GB in jail would be the worst possible thing that could ever happen. They will find some scripture to support them been held in bond age and inactivity and then released just like Jo Rud did.

• Life is to short 2
    Life is to short 2

Thanks for sharing this also.

LITS

• never a jw
    never a jw

The Watchtower is quite ready to forgive child abuser's and disfellowship the abused. I wonder why. I think this is a tactic to keep the abusers from revealing Watchtower dark secrets and to isolate the victims, who may feel that nobody will believe them. It's worked great for the Watchtower. But the time is coming when the tactic will come back to hit them hard, very hard.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ The Searcher...

I'm not so convinced they have "friends in high places".

I am convinced, however that they would be the perfect candidate if the Justice System ever reached a point where it felt compelled (by public outcry, for example) to "make and example" of one of these groups.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    never a jw - "...It's worked great for the Watchtower..."

Mostly because the guys running the Org have been living in a mental, cultural, and emotional Mayberry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit