Men and women are equal

by Freedom rocks 35 Replies latest members private

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Women in the org should be so happy they don't have to do the following:

1. Try to organize a group of people to go out in field service most of whom have no idea what they want to do or don't follow directions.
    2. Give a 5 minute talk based on one irrelevant scripture from the the old testament
    3. Get people to give a demonstration as a MS
    4. Never get to sit down during the meetings because of numerous "privileges" that need to be done (attendant,mics,stage,reader,sound,literature,mags)
  • MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

apples and oranges are equal but for some reason I like orange juice waaaay better : )

• jp1692
    jp1692

LUHE: So, you're making the point that the Asian-American mean IQ is only slightly higher than that of whites

I absolutely am NOT making that point. As far as I know, the only one claiming that is Lynn. In contrast, Niesser et al -- in the paper which you linked shows -- assert that he is alone in this conclusion when they state:

"In more than a dozen studies from the 1960s and 1970s analyzed by Flynn (1991), the mean IQs of Japanese and Chinese American children were always around 97 or 98; none was over 100" (Neisser et al, 1996, p. 92).

My research has been into achievement gaps measured by success in secondary and higher education and economic earnings, not into so called "intelligence tests." That being said, the Neisser paper discusses the problems with such IQ tests, particularly in reference any correlation that is the kind of achievement that concerns me as an educator.

Frankly, I don't put much stock in standardized IQ tests.

LUHE: This means that there are more stupid men than stupid women

That surprises me not at all! ... LOL

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I absolutely am NOT making that point ... In contrast, Niesser et al -- in the paper which you linked shows -- assert that he is alone in this conclusion - ok but the same paper I linked also speaks about the different mean IQs of Native Americans and African-Americans.

I don't put much stock in standardized IQ tests - really? I always thought IQ was a fairly good way of measuring how intelligent a person is ...I mean, Stephen Hawking had a high IQ and he passed his eleven plus at ten, and he got into Oxford as an undergrad a year early at 17. Then he went on to have a successful career as a professor of mathematics and theoretical physics.

That surprises me not at all! ... LOL - and don't forget the genuises, too.

If humankind lived under a matriarchy, we'd probably all still be in mud huts!

• amiable atheist
    amiable atheist

The most recent article I came across said the relationship is like that of a surgeon and an anaesthetist where one can't work without the other but the surgeon still makes the decisions. To me that is saying they're not equal because one is still in charge.

How about female surgeons ? Gosh, how daring!

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

In an operating theatre (or life in general) either sex can work to and qualify for either position. A woman, no matter if she was clearly above and beyond the intelligence of all the males in the congregation can never "qualify" to pass a microphone so is not viewed or treated equally as a man and as it is her sex not her ability that disqualifies her from certain roles we are clearly not seen or treated as equals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit