For those who raised children "in the truth"

by berylblue 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Phil
    Phil

I am interested in documentation published by the WT on all subjects pertaining to telling members to not associate with the "worldly" aspects of living including "worldly friends". Can anyone steer me in the right direction.

• berylblue
    berylblue

Gee, Phil, it's been such a long time for me....I guess the Young People Ask book?

• ESTEE
    ESTEE
    I think many of us carry the burden of contributing in aiding others in a dublife. I raised my daughter as one, she's still one, and can't speak with me. Had I not raised her a dub........we would be close friends

The harsh reality...I hear you Gumby....I am missing out on having a relationship with my kids now....because they are shunning me....sadly, I raised them as dubs.....

Thunder Rider wrote:

You may have protected them from drug use, alcahol abuse, inapropriate sexual behavior and unwanted pregnancy.

On the positive side, their choice was to be a dub, instead of abusive alcoholics or drug addicts dying of Hep-C, like their father...

hmmmmmm.....

ESTEE

• Mulan
    Mulan
    How do you even begin to apologize for trying to turn them into good little dubs?
    Has anyone here ever spoken with their children and apologized for ....I don't even know how to say this..I guess for kind of damaging their childhoods (and possibly their psyches) by raising them as Witness children???

Dave and I have both talked to the kids about this subject. Two of them say they don't regret anything about their childhoods. (the youngest son is now a born again Christian, and isn't bitter with us, but resents the abuse he endured in school, and how difficult it was for him to do the door to door work, and that now it would never have happened)

One of our sons and Princess would never have met their present mates and both would not like that at all.

The other son was disfellowshipped twice and we cut him out of our lives for many years. He was an amazing athlete and wanted to play sports so desperately and we wouldn't let him. When he was a Senior in HS, he was 18 and didn't need our permission, so he did it anyway.............and we went to his games. And still he says he doesn't hold anything against us. I guess they know we did what we thought was right at the time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit