newbie and not understanding all of the aspects of this site

by Maggie 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Maggie
    Maggie

I have read alot on this site for a while and just have been absorbing it as I make my way.

One thing I noticed was alot said about abuse of children... I experienced the reverse...false stories told..believed by elders because of hidden agenda and 20+ years as special pioneers ..etc. etc. as of no count and belief in a new publisher destroyed our lives and children's lives. The horror never stops ...some of our family is disassociated...some disfellowshipped...some inactive...some active..some on a fence...mostly because of one or two elders and the misapplication of their power and lack of love to our family. With our record of service the WTS never giving us the benefit of even thank you.... What a mess.....

I have often wondered at the saying "where do you go away too" but, now I wonder more and more how can I go back too.....

I don't have the hate that I see some have on this site..not the gross put downs of the ones that are still active...I also do not feel that I have left Jehovah and the love of the Christ...I just wish there was someplace that I could enjoy the truth of christian freedom to worship my God without all the other stuff that goes on.

First time I have expressed this to anyone besides my husband but, maybe there is an answer or maybe I already have it just not wanting to see it....

Maggie

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Maggie!

• AlanF
    AlanF

Your experience is quite unusual in that it goes against what was express Watchtower policy for many years, namely, to minimize abuse cases and bury them if possible. It sounds to me like the elders' hidden agenda was the controlling factor in your case. Others have similarly had their lives ruined by elders with hidden agendas.

Once you've seen the darkness at the heart of the Watchtower, there is no going back.

I don't know what to tell you about keeping up with your belief about God, etc., as I'm not a Christian. My personal advice is to carefully reexamine these beliefs and all their foundations.

AlanF

• little witch
    little witch

Hello Maggie, and Welcome to the board !

I am sorry you are going through a tough time. Most of the folks here have been very wronged by the watchtower society in some way,

many are still going through ill treatment by elders, shunners, even members of their own families.

Perhaps you are misunderstanding the comments of some of those here. I hope you will stick around and get to know us, and share more of your own story, you may find comfort that you are by no means alone in your hurt.

Again, welcome.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Maggie. What part of your Christian experience did you enjoy the most; bible study, worship, gathering together? Just curious.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome Maggie,

May I suggest reading Raymond Franz's book "In Search of Christian Freedom". It may help you with the questions you have.

Also, question everything, that's what God gave us a brain for.

Hugs,

j2bf

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Welcome Maggie!

Yes, you can find a place where you can enjoy the truth of Christian freedom. I have. PM me if you'd like. But you will find other Christians on this board as well who are also experiencing that freedom. You're not alone!

Andi

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Maggie. take your time. If you need any assistance there are a thousand here who will be happy to help and talk.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Welcome! As a single father of an only-child, (female) I was always careful how I conducted myself around her and her friends. It would have been horrible to be accused of any misconduct in this regard. The very thought sends chills! Please keep us informed on how things are progressing. Maverick

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

HOWDY MAGGIE!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit