An elder gave me that look

by JH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

I would greet him like a long lost friend . "How come you don't write anymore?"

• obiwan
    obiwan

I laugh and wave at them, oh and I even comment on how lovely thier wife looks!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    made a very sad and disapproved face

How strange, I've often given you this same look but you just didnt see it.

Brummie

• Disheartened
    Disheartened

Ah, yes. The look of disapproval. I have received it many times. Strangely, I also received the look of disapproval when I was attending "meetings" regularly, and doing everything right; according to WT satndards. I usually make it a point to stick my nose up at them. I remember a couple of years ago I attended a "gathering for the friends" (which I was tricked into attending by my cousin) and at the time I was (and still am) "inactive". One of the sisters there asked me what congregation I was in and when I told her "None, I'm not going right now"-I cleared that room like a fire alarm . All of a sudden everyone had to go home. So glad I left the phony "witnesses". The "friends", huh? Not my friends.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Outoftheorg.

Why let him off so easily? Why pretend you don't know each other?

Start chatting with him, how's it going, I am good, etc. His reaction will tell you much.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yeah No Apols. That Is what I intend to do. I usually don't waste my time with them and the shunning thing.

But who knows???? Maybe he has seen some "new light".

Outoftheorg

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

If it had been me, I'd have given him some "sign language", as seen below...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit