Jehovah's witnesses are the fastest growing religion.

by hoser 87 Replies latest jw friends

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    There are hugely conflicting stories about Mormon growth to be found on the internet. One point they seem to agree upon is that despite the addition of missionaries (lowered age to 18 and included women) the growth has not reflected the extra effort. The JWs could have told them that.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I don't think he evidence is all that contradictory. On the one hand you have Rodney Stark and the Mormon church itself claiming to the media they are growing wonderfully. On the other hand all evidence points to two things 1) their official numbers are grossly exaggerated and 2) they are stagnating if not already in decline.
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/05/12/chapter-2-religious-switching-and-intermarriage/

Jehovah's Witnesses have the lowest retention rate of any religion; they lose 66%.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    at the same time they are undergoing a worldwide billion dollar construction project that will see 30 Tabernacles/Temples constructed, the sure sign of a group in massive decline.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

i detect sarcasm

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    LDS earning 7 billion plus a year on tithing. They could actually buy growth numbers if they wanted.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "'Jehovah's witnesses are the fastest growing religion'...That is what the speaker said in his public talk this morning."

Probably one those old-timers who are still convinced that householders are "astonished to learn that God's name is 'Jehovah'" (despite a decades-long campaign to tell f**king everybody).

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The one I attended said " In times of disaster, J W's have a reputation of being the first on the scene to help both their brothers and the community"

I suggested to Sis Blues that that was not exactly the case , I was shushed to be quiet!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit