VERTIGO: 'My head is moving through space where, in reality, it is not.'

by compound complex 18 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Fellow Posters:

Wishing you well and offering my sympathy if you've ever experienced vertigo. My neighbor is a physical therapist and told me about the Epley Maneuver, which I am now researching.

Have you ever been through this hell of total incapacitation?

Best . . .

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

compound complex: search "Vertigo, WTH". My post a year ago. It's a hell of thing

to go through.

• Tallon
    Tallon

I suffered with vertigo on one occasion. Definitely not a pleasant experience.

• arwen
    arwen

Yes my sister had this a couple of times she is in her 60's it really worked for her!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, James, Tallon, and arwen:

I appreciate your responses and am today recovering from my 5th bout in 15 years.

Will search you thread, James Mixon!

Blessings . . .

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I've had a sinus inspired experience where everytime i would lay down or get up the room would spin. It lasted as long as several months to a couple weeks. Eventually it went away but I know that one of these days it will happen again. Sometimes it makes you get nauseous but not always.

• LifesNotOver
    LifesNotOver

So sorry to hear you're going through this. I experienced extreme vertigo a few years back (dizzy, throwing up all the way to the ER, couldn't walk only crawl, UGH!!) It ended up being an inner ear infection. Antibiotics took care of it - I think the hospital put me on antiobiotic drip for the infection and also something to calm my stomach. I'm sure you've been checked out for this, but just in case .... please take care, my friend!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Nancy and LifesNotOver:

So kind of you to reply and send good wishes.

My head has ceased spinning when I lie down. I'm mobile again. This, my longest bout ever, was some 24 hours.

Your type of long-term episodes, LNO and Nancy, were brought to my attention today by a friend who was out of action for 2 months. Of course, it's brought on by different medical reasons. Your ear and sinus infections were the reasons for what you both described. So sorry!

Grateful for dear friends like you . . .

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Had it (several times) whilst flying (that is, operating an aircraft). Fortunately always had a co-pilot or flight instructor when it happened (one time at night going into a very dark LZ). In fact, flight instructors sometimes attempt to bring it on so that you can experience it and recognize it.

I could imagine it is very unsettling for it to happen in ordinary circumstances.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My husband had vertigo, he used the maneuver and it worked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit