Possible reason for cancellation of book study in homes.

by Amelia Ashton 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2
    To the best of my knowledge, the ONLY in-print official reason for the discontinuation of the Book Study in private homes was the higher cost of fuel. But, yes, there has been a lot of other rezsons given from the platform znd elsewhere.
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

It makes sense that private homes would be a better place to victimize someone. A private home environment can be much more accommodating than a KH where the seating and bathroom locations are too visible and open.

The legal dept. couldn't face the fact this guy's assessment made sense from a secular point of view.

Hahaha

You WTS fools. Reap what you sow.

Reap it!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

• jhine
    jhine

As a non JW can I ask a question ? Actually I just did didn't I !

Anyway the real question is are you referring to home studies with potential recruits ? People who are not yet baptised .

Because two Witnesses are still calling on my friend , who has no intention of converting she just likes the company . Also one of these ladies does a home study that involves two young children . She has photos of them on her tablet and they treat her like an Aunty .

Now I don't think that she is threat to their safety , but it has occurred to me that the parents have no idea that the person they are letting into their home and getting close to their kids has not been checked in any way and indeed could be a known paedophile . I

Jan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tenacious - "The legal dept. couldn't face the fact this guy's assessment made sense from a secular point of view."

More like they couldn't conceive that any standards of "Satan's World" could truly be superior to "Biblical" (and WT-interpreted) rules.

It's another reason why I think they won't budge on the "two-witness" rule...

"...it's from the Bible, so it has to be better; we just need to keep applying it harder, and eventually it will work..."

• steve2
    steve2

Anyway the real question is are you referring to home studies with potential recruits ? People who are not yet baptised .

No. "The Book Study" was a weekly meeting of about one hour held in approved homes in the local community in which Watchtower books were studied. The Book Study was stopped a few years ago. The official reason was because of the then rising fuel costs associated with travel. No other official reason was given. As others have said, if that were the sole reason for stopping it, why was it not re-instated when fuel prices dropped?

The organization only has itself to "blame" for the level of speculation over the "real" reasons the Book Study was stopped.

• jhine
    jhine

Thanks Steve2 ,

Jan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit