Do you have more friends or enemies?

by JH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have no real enemies that I know of and I make "friends" rather easily. But I would say I only have a handful of real fiends.....correction...."FRIENDS".....

• shamus
    shamus

I don't have enemies, per-se.

I have people that don't like me; however, I try to keep it on a pleasant level for as long as possible. I am one of those guys that can only take so much, then that's it. I hate a few people, like one of my old bosses, back-stabbing liar, but that's over with.

My step-sister is "white trash" and got into a fist fight with one of her friends, right in front of her kids. She ended up getting a black eye, and ran back to her disaster house to get pissed. Serves her right. My point being, that is what "hate" does to you. It makes you act out with your emotions, as opposed to your brain. My suggestion is to try not to hate anyone. (Duh, you all probably know that already!)

Shamus

• Swan
    Swan

I used to have 6 million friends, or at least I thought they were my friends. Then I DAed myself, so I think I probably have 6 million enemies now. I don't really worry about it a whole lot.

Tammy

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I have many friendly acquaintances, on this forum for instance. And the only thing that keeps them from being upgraded to friends, is the fact we have not met in person. But there are many I would trust and love as well if I never meet them in person.

My husband is my best friend and always will be. My sister is my other best friend and always will be. I seem to attract certain people in real time who THINK they are my best friends when really I am just being nice and putting up with them. I know that sounds mean, but I swear it has always been this way for me. My husband calls me a BUG-LIGHT. I hate hurting people's feelings, so I generally put up with alot from these types until they drive me insane or use my kindness up. And even then I still do not blatantly hurt them, I just try to fade away or I move and use it as an excuse to lose touch. I move alot, so it works out well.

Enemies? well at any given time I am considered an enemy of my in laws. Usually I don't even know about this until everyone else in the family does. And if you want to count JWs...well I guess you could say that they think I am their enemy and they are mine. It is really how others think of it. I don't think I have any enemies or am an enemy to anyone, atleast right now. Enemies don't last long. Friends last forever. Remember the best place to keep your enemy is close.

Ravyn

• undercover
    undercover
    Well, this has changed since no longer being active as a witness.

How true, how true.

Since I became inactive, only one person ever called just to talk or try to continue a friendly relationship, and he wasn't someone that I considered a close friend. Most everyone else that I thought was a friend in "the truth" has avoided me. There are a few exceptions, but even that is conditional. If I show up for a meeting, I may get invited to dinner or something. When I miss a month of meetings, not one call. I run into some JWs(in name only) that I grew up with at concerts and clubs occasionally and will hang out with them for part of the evening, but we never call each other.

I have lots of acquaintances, no real friends(outside of my wife) and only two people that I can think of that I would call an enemy and even that is on the harsh side. Like it has been noted, "real friends" are hard to come by. JWs think that they have real friends, but it has become obvious to me that this "friendship" is conditional. Conditional to remaining loyal to the organization. That is not "real friendship".

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I pretty much think like Matty on this one. I try my best to get along with everyone even though I may not see eye to eye with them. I can still be civil. But...I don't think I have a single friend anymore. This past year the few that I had have just gone away quietly. I've done nothing but offer my help to them in any way possible but I guess that means nothing. They would still talk civily to me if I called on them but if I'm the only one making any contact then it's obvious they have no use for me. Life can be pretty bleak sometimes.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

I have lots of "friendly" aquaintences but I can count on one hand the true friends I have. Those are the people whose hands I would place my life in. And hopefully they feel the same for me.

As far as enemies...I know of a few that dont like me but hopefully they don't feel so strongly so as to hate me. At least I don't hate anyone, I just dislike a few.

Anyway I think I can safely say that I have more friends than enemies although it did take time to build up good solid ones. That time is very much worth the effort.

its very nice to have unconditional friends and loved ones in your life. Such a drastic difference of "those" people that would drop you like a hot potato if you failed to believe in their god or even heaven forbid make one darn mistake.

Good and true friends are hard to come by so cherish them and let them know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit