Could you ever go back ??? What would the elders ask/make you do ???

by run dont walk 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jesus would have visit me, proving who he is by some fantastic miracle, explain why he chose the wt, why the wt is so screwed up. Jahoover would have to make some kind of irrefutable appearance, doing something or other that would prove who he is and that the wt is his org ... You get the picture.

SS

• blondie
  • Swan
    Swan

Actually I already have had nightmares about this, but usually by the end of the dream I am laughing at the speaker, getting up, wandering around, and doing whatever I want. When the elders try to get me to go back to my seat and listen to the fine spiritual instruction, I usually laugh or say "This is hogwash." and walk out.

So I don't think it would work in real life. I think the results would actually be more catastrophic. I might actually go into the restroom and use two towels!

Tammy

• Spudinator
    Spudinator

Having never left, I have the luxury of peering out over both sides...

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I had this very discussion with my jw hubby last week. I told him that he would have to grab me by the hair, kicking and screaming to get me to go back to the meetings at the Kingdom Hall. Although I still go to the assemblies to keep my hubby company (long drive), plus I like to hear what their latest new light is. I have some very strong feelings concerning the wts, I could not in good conscience ever participate in that cult again no matter what type of reforms they came up with.

Hapgood

• happyout
    happyout

They would have to become a totally new religion. No more stupid rules (so many I can't even remember them all), no more insistence that they are the one and only religion accepted by God, freedom and encouragement of independent thinking, no more forced proselytizing, apologies up the ying yang for all the hurt, destroyed lives and deaths they have caused. Family counseling for those who have shunned family members for years to enable them to repair their relationships. The elders cannot MAKE me do a damn thing, and if I were to ever go back, they would not ask or expect it of me.

Happyout (to happy to be out to even consider going back)

• maxwell
    maxwell

They have make it a religion where the only requirement is that women intoxicate men with their bosom. Proverbs chapter 5:19.

Seriously, I could never go back.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I could go back if I wanted to. The elders would make me get baptized..... But there is no way IN HELL that I would go back. My childhood was wasted - not by choice, and I would never do the same to my kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit