Why ex-JW's so knowledgeable when it comes to the Bible?

by James Mixon 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Over the years here on this site I have found over half of the folks can hold their own with any minister.

Why when we leave the borg we become proficient on any subject on the Bible.

Why did we go down that road? My intention was to get close to Jehovah (searching the bible), but I

guess I found Lucifer. I'am ask all the time, how did you go from a true believer to calling the Bible a book

of BS.....

What the hell happen????

On another topic someone mention, JW's turn out more atheist than any other religion.Why?

I guess to become an atheist you must know the Bible.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Because the borg had convinced us it was 'the truth' and that there WAS an absolutely identifiable 'truth'. While in the borg all research is filtered through the borgs materials. Independent research and throughts, especially if contradictory are said to be satan's influence so it's ignored and not done. Once finding out the borg is full of it, then many may really grind the bible to find 'the truth'. Either confirming or debunking the most major religious teachings tied to it.

On another topic someone mention, JW's turn out more atheist than any other religion.Why?

Because of embedding the absolute truth. Once not finding answers and more research, even into the bible itself, then inevitably one becomes athiest or agnostic.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I couldn`t agree more with the above posts. to come to the realisation you have been hoodwinked / decieved , by the WTB&TS , then you want to know how you could have been so duped , and then you investigate much more fully the source of your belief , the Bible .

And you realise the whole thing is a load of CROCK / BS .

And you wonder shaking your head how you could have ever believed it in the first place.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I wanted to be able to make sure I could win any argument with a JW on pretty much any bible subject.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

exjw's and members of former cults are the very worst people for theists and cult members to encounter, years of indoctrination produces anther form of indoctrination in refuting the beliefs they so much embraced before.

• JRK
    JRK

It is because smart JW's leave.

JK

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray

I think that when a long held faith falls apart, especially a faith like the JW belief, it is a natural process to go back over all that you have ever been taught with a fine tooth comb.

You come at it more objectively, are more honest and this goes onto highlight the flaws in the belief and the delusion you have been under.

The undermining aspect of this inclines people to do a thorough research of what they have been involved in, largely because of the need of healing.

As a result they become encyclopedic on the subject and therefore know more than people still involved in the faith.

This then has the knock on effect with regards to the entire subject of belief. When you see through one you tend to see through them all.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

I haven't, nor ever had, a religious bone in my body. As a kid, before my parents conversion to JW-ism, I resisted all attempts to make me sing in a choir or go to Sunday school.

Once my parents were converted, I was subjected to endless hours of witness interpretation of Scripture. But it was all in my head, never in my heart.

The one upside to all this is that I do really well at quizes whenever the questions become Biblical.

That's about it.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Over the years here on this site I have found over half of the folks can hold their own with any minister.

Not sure if you have noticed, but as JWs we get the bible shove down our throats every day, so it doesn't make sense stating that we are "proficient" in the bible after leaving. All the JW bible crap that was taught to us doesn't just disappear. That's information that was given to us while we were JWs. So where do you get that we are "bible proficient" after we leave?

Why did we go down that road?

Seems like this may be your own spiritual path. The road I took and decisions I made, and the life I chose are mine and only mine. The same thing applies to every human being.

My intention was to get close to Jehovah (searching the bible), but I guess I found Lucifer. I'am ask all the time, how did you go from a true believer to calling the Bible a book of BS.....

What the hell happen????

I think that's for you to figure out. Also, are you asking because you're surprise of your progress or because you miss the person you were?

There's absolutely no proof, no statistics, no numbers, no research and no studies that show that JWs become atheists at a larger proportion than any other religious faith. Someone mentioning that doesn't make it true.

I guess to become an atheist you must know the Bible.

And that's what they call making an educated decision.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    James Mixon - "...JWs turn out more atheist than any other religion. Why?"

Maybe because the WTS - by labeling everything else as "false" - did such an effective job immunizing us against any other form of religious belief. :smirk:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit