• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Hi Folks....
    I just received this absolutely delightful email this morning:
    ================================
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: Re: (no subject)
    Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 02:30:49 EDT
    YOU'RE A FAG I HAVE NO LOVE FOR YOU . AND WHERE DID YOU READ MY ASKING YOUR RETURN TO THE JEHOVHA'S WITNESSES ORGANIZATION?.. BEFORE YOU "HIT THE SEND BUTTON" PUT YOUR GLASSES ON FOOL..BYE. PS DON' T BOTHER TO RESPONSE I WILL ONLY DELETE IT.
    ====================================
    You know, I'm glad they let such fools on the internet. The more I receive this garbage, the more grateful I become that these braindead prejudiced jerks threw me out. Who would want to spend the rest of eternity living on "Paradise Earth" with such evil?

• Gopher
    Gopher

SF Jim,

Wow! We formerly had friends like this?????

"I have no love for you" and "fool", this person said????

Thanks for the reminder of how "warm" and "loving" the organization we left behind was. [8>] BTW, I was talking with my DA'd sister yesterday (at a Mother's day barbecue) and she said the same thing you did: "I wouldn't want to live forever with that group of people."

Gopher

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

God wouldn't want to live with them forever, either. I thought I read about 'those people' in the NT; didn't Christ call them, "Brood of vipers" or the like? Hmmm...

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Jim,
    I am glad to see that this type of garbage doesn't get you down. "Consider the source" is the best advice anyone ever gave me.
    Chris

P.S. I was reading some older posts and read your story about the woman walking through the cemetary. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Hilarious!

"Forget the tribe, my pants have spoken."

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Hi Chris,

"I am glad to see that this type of garbage doesn't get you down."

To be honest, if I told you that messages such as this rolled off me like water off a duck, I'd be lying. They do hurt. Some have caused me to weep. Others have made me quite angry. Still others have made me contact Federal authorities. Yes, I have received three death threats from JW's over the years. Still others are so pathetically ridiculous I can't help but laugh.
    One thing I've noticed though: Rabid, hate-filled JW's generally are in despararate need of a spell checker. My theory is that they are so low on the mental skills level that the only place where they could possibly feel comfortable would be inside such an organization as the Watchtower, where they are led around by a nose ring.
    My mother has a wood carving in Latin on her coffee table which I believe applies to these sorry souls: Illegitimi Non Carborundum - English translation.... "Don't let the bastards grind you down."

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Well Jim,

I for one am glad that you are here. I'm always glad to see your name in a thread because I know that your posts are worth reading. I especially like the ones on Leo G. lately, et al.

For every one of the idiots that have nothing but hateful things to say, there is two here that appreciate you and your kindheartedness.

My name is Slipnslideius Masterus: commander of the armies of the North, general of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius...

• outnfree
    outnfree

Isn't this the same jerk who wrote to some of the others on this board recently?

(((((((((SFJim))))))))) I think it's more like ten or twenty to one who appreciate you and your kindheartedness!

outnfree
    (who'll be next to receive the hate mail!)

• LDH
    LDH

Jim,

I'm with you--sometimes things people say can hurt. But it's kind of hard not to pity the fool who can't even spell their threats right, huh?

I miss Joel a lot, so please don't go. We need you. Your presence here serves to remind all of us that we don't have to live our lives by JW rules and hate someone just because of who they're attracted to.

• TR
    TR

Hmmmm... can't even spell his god's name right. What a fool. You're right, Jim. A spell-checker would come in handy.

Hey, should we all email this twit? Nothing nasty, just an acknowledgement that thousands have seen his idiocy?

TR

"cults suck"

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Hi Jim,
    I'm a newbie on this board (I'm sure you couldn't tell :)) but I wanted to respond to your post and join with others in saying that I'm glad you don't let those types of hate messages mess with your head. One thing about leaving the "society" that I will be eternally grateful for is that I now have the ability to open my mind and my heart to other people. You know, for most of my life as a JW, I was such a narrow minded, prejudiced BITCH that I was completely closed off to the beauty, love, and outstanding variety of the world around me....I'm happy to say that is NO MORE! :)
    I'll echo what Slayer said, consider the source...it saddens me to think that once upon a time I had a similar mindset - although, I was a much better speller!!!

Hugs,
    Safe

<"A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.">

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit