A question

by JeffT 35 Replies latest jw friends

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Do you donate any of your money to the Watchtower Society?

Yup, a lot. (Well into 5 figures of cash).

That does not include TENS OF THOUSANDS of hours of my life, as well as the lives of my family - which was worth far more than money.

(Shut up and go away)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

MAGNUM: I can't speak for JeffT, but I know why I'd like to have the info. I did make an investment - virtually my entire life, and I did not receive the promised payout. When one calculates all the costs involved (including affecting my future), he should find that a million dollars doesn't come close to the amount of money I lost in my investment.

I'd love to know what they do and have done with the money.

1st Prize for best answer!Doc
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do you donate any of your money to the Watchtower Society?

I could retire on what my parents donated.

Doc

• JeffT
    JeffT

I gave fifteen years of my life to this religion and didn't even get a T-shirt.

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may he associated"

Do you believe those words? I do. I'm still examining a religion with which I was associated. So far it's been found wanting. If the WTBS is acting honestly there is no good reason for them not to release their financial information.

I'm an accountant. SOX has nothing to do with the Watchtower, why bring it up?

• TheListener
    TheListener
    I want to know where the money goes and has gone. My wife still donates and as a married couple that is my money too. Plus, I'm nosey and as someone who was raised as a witness with 99% witness relatives - I want to know about the money.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

TheListener -

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit