How many of you were disfellowshipped?

by Oxnard Hamster 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster

Just curious. I get the impression from reading posts that a great deal are. I also noticed while I was studying with them that virtually everybody has/had a relative that was disfellowshipped or knew someone who is/was. It seems like they have an itchy disfellowship trigger finger.

As for me, I was never baptized, so I wasn't. It's hard to be disfellowshipped when you were never fellowshipped in the first place.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hey O.H. - you can pretty much guess your little hamster butt off, that the majority of participants on this forum are DF'd.

Some of us are not: DA'd, unsure.....faded away.

It pretty much means for some us, we may as well have been DF'd. The shunning is most obvious.

The percentages are high here. But not unique to this forum alone.

• berylblue
    berylblue

DF here

• Aztec
    Aztec

I faded away...

Come fade away, come fade away, come fade away with meeee.......

~Az

• garybuss
    garybuss

I am a 1974 walkaway. Still making amends to the world. Next year I will be out as many years as I was in. I became vocal when the shunning started in 1992.

• Latte
    Latte

I'm NOT d'fed.

Would love to DA though! lol

I committed the terrible crime of thinking for myself

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I committed the terrible crime of thinking for myself

OFF with her head!

Ox Ham, I disassociated myself.

Brummie

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

Ahh, the D word. Yes, I was disfellowshiped blessed in '97. I used to be so judgemental of those who were df'd when I was supposedly active. It was like the last thing I would have ever thought would happen to me. My husband and I were raised in the truth cult, and we just sorta rolled with the flow. I would always notice how sad and down the df'd ones looked when they would attend a meeting. Like they were scared to death I would make eye contact with them. Now when I run into JW's out in public ('cause I wouldn't be caught dead in a KH) I am the one joking around and laughing and they look stone cold and depressed. Weird huh?

Jessica - of the "Lovers of Freedom" society.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

DF'd for immorality having a sex life that didn't involve being raped by my (now ex)-husband.

• mouthy
    mouthy

YeP ! I am DF > I couldnt believe Jesus came invisably in 1914.... I would like to send a THANK YOU card to those who ousted me. But I am serving a TRUE God of love now- so that wouldnt be cricket EH?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit