A little off topic... I'll be moving...

by Expanded-Mind 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Thanks for ALL the responses! Each was helpful in its own unique way.

Waton: No visions of an early Armaggedon for me! - laugh!- Just that I really want to stay in one place for a LONG while!

Biahi: I replied to your messages... thanks for sending them!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Personally, I'd be choosing the place I love, because that's where you'll be spending most of your time. Areas change and we often have rose colored glasses when it comes to history. Just because it was great when you grew up, doesn't mean it was actually great, nor that it remained great.

I'd be looking at more objective measures such as commute, crime rates and school quality over nostalgia. I personally stay as much away from the inner cities as possible.

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

Thank you Anony Mous!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

If you have kids, pick the one in the better school district whichever that may be.

If you tend to get involved in your community, pick the nicer location. If you can ignore your neighbors and stick to yourself happily, pick the nicer apartment.

If you're a homebody or work at home, pick the nicer apartment. If you work at home also consider internet connectivity.

I think if it were me, I'd tend not to settle down long term yet. I'd probably go for the nicer location with crappy apartment, sign a short lease and continue looking for a better apartment while living in and getting to know the area and available rentals. You might not get all three things right away: nice location, nice apartment, and long term living situation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit