A little off topic... I'll be moving...

by Expanded-Mind 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Expanded-Mind
    Expanded-Mind

I'd appreciate getting some opinions about a decision I will shortly have to make.

I am moving soon and have the choice of two different apartments in two different towns. I am hoping this move will be one of the last that I have to make - I have moved frequently in my life - at least for a long, long while.

The apartment I like the least is in a town and a location that I love due to my history with, and connection to the area. The apartment I love is in a town and location I am not as crazy about, but it is still a really nice area.

Would you choose to live in an apartment you don't love, in a great area? Or choose to live in an apartment you love, in an area you are not feeling as connected to?

Thanks for listening!

ExpandedMind

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

How much time do you stay at home? Do you tend to keep to yourself? The answers to those questions may help.

I would rather live somewhere that I can be active outside my place of dwelling. The more I am outdoors the happier I am.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

I would make a balanced decision upon what is around locally such as Rec centers. libraries coffee shops, stores, closeness to work and of course nature to take in.

Mind you I wouldn't personally live in a large city area full of high rises, noise and pollution even if all of those accommodations were there.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Would you choose to live in an apartment you don't love, in a great area? Or choose to live in an apartment you love, in an area you are not feeling as connected to?

I would WAIT until I could live in an apartment THAT I LOVE and IN AN AREA I FEEL COMFORTABLE.

I would not compromise feeling comfortable vs Loving the area.

I choose Both or nothing!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

The answer as any real estate expert knows is Location. Location, Location.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Draw up a list of pros and cons for both. Go for the one with the best score (high pros and less cons).

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Travel to work? Available shopping, restaurants, whatever structure you need. Area in decline or going so upscale you wont fit.

• waton
    waton
    I am hoping this move will be one of the last that I have to make

EM: that sounds ominous. Do you still believe in the "soon" theory, the corner of the apartment building of your choice that armageddon is lurking?

consider most of all the people that will surround you. the medical personnel, the family support. or lack of it. If you still "associate", be aware that there are truly toxic tyrannical congregations out there, trashing gorgeous landscapes.
  • Biahi
    Biahi

Expanded mind, you have a pm.

• scary21
    scary21

I'm more of a home body at this point in my life. I want the apartment I love. I also love decorating . Won't you get use to the new area since you have moved a lot so you have had to adapt before ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit