do not keep account of the injury?

by Addison0998 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

I have a long time “friend” around my age, she and her husband are big sheeple who have been raised to practically worship elders and view their as police angels. Anyways, they recently arranged to have a meeting with the elders to ask for their blessing pretty much to go to a wedding of a relative of hers who is not in the best standing, (she just recently got baptized and her husband was recently reinstated) anyways, the elders told them of course that it was their choice, but warned them that every time they ask for the elders advice on something, it is recorded whether they heeded the advice or not and looked at for things such as SKE school, which is a goal they have to do together. And of course they advised them not to go so they didn’t, especially since they want to go to the ske school, and I guess they only accept people who let people have full control of their lives.

But anywho, I realized that the organization is so hypocritical about the scripture at 1 Corinthians 13:5 where it says love does not keep count of the injury, when they keep account of every tiny thing you do and keep it forever and ever. The only thing I could see where it would be important is for people who were responsible for child abuse or domestic abuse, but it doesn’t even do any good since these people are allowed to be functioning members with privledges.

• Doubter
    Doubter
    Nvm
  • Addison0998
    Addison0998

Ok but that’s literally the same thing I just described. And I’m not embellishing the story. Why don’t you just get off my post if you don’t like what I’m talking about. I understand that not everyone is going to agree with each other on here, and I don’t expect to be coddled, but this is the only place I can come to for a place where I can actually relate to somebody about something. And it really pisses me off that you tell me I’m embellishing a story?!? You sound like a Jehovah’s Witness actually, defending them, and then also accusing me of making things up.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

This because religion is for preaching only, not for practising. Jesus was an exception. Though none of his 72 disciples or his family members accompanied him, he went early morning to a mountain to spend time in conversation with God. (Mark 1:35)

• zeb
    zeb

" it is recorded whether they heeded the advice or not ".. the wt does love its records/legalistic modus operandi.

• steve2
    steve2

Man, do elders ever keep a track on every single thing that comes their way!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Them asking sounds like an deliberate attempt to show their righteousness.

Playing the game, maybe there's behind intent of climbing up within the congregation.

Ass kissing up to elders is common in JWS Kingdom Halls.

What about attending a wedding of relative that isn't involved in religion all together or a member of another religion.

I used to go to my relative's weddings and funerals, I didn't ask the elders.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8
    Nvm?
    sorry, what does this mean?
  • steve2
    steve2

I’ve sent many an inquiry to the branch office about JW doctrine and policy. I swear that when I’ve later contacted them to ask whether they’ve received my letter, their answer suggests they’ve kept absolutely no account of the inquiry. Very disappointing and sad.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

SKE, NVM?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit