I need more faith so I've been told

by hoser 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

I attended the circus assembly last weekend and I have come to the conclusion I am lacking faith.

How do I know this? The opening talk on the program, the very first words that came out of the speakers mouth told me so. He said most of us here are lacking faith even though we might not know it.

Do you put material goals ahead of "spiritual" ones ? Most of the time.

Do you miss meetings and field ministry for recreation? Hells ya!

Are you prepared to turn down a blood transfusion in a life threatening situation? Not really.

Are you willing to obey instructions from the faithful slave even though they appear foolish from a human standpoint? Never!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

hoser - "...He said most of us here are lacking faith..."

Considering how many stuck-in TTATTers there actually seem to be, that seems almost...

...perceptive. :smirk:

• millie210
    millie210

Well of course you are!

Now. a talk where the Org talks about what IT could do better or where IT is lacking?

I wont hold my breath.

• blondie
    blondie

More faith in the WTS (GB) probably, exactly.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

That's a good thing, Hoser.

According to Peter Boghossian, faith is "pretending to know things you don't know"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp4WUFXvCFQ

• jeanniebeanzz
    jeanniebeanzz

it's their way of blaming the victim in order to shed their responsibility for the crime. similar to a rapist blaming the victim because of their attire or an abusive spouse blaming their partners black eyes on a late dinner... when someone in the cong goes missing, it's not the fault of the WT and the lies they've told, it's the fault of the missing having found them out because they didn't just blindly follow orders. way lame...

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"He said most of us here are lacking faith even though we might not know it."

Side note..Most of them there are part of a cult and don't know it.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I honestly think the time is coming when a certain subset of young dubs will just get up from their seats and walk out of the Assembly Halls carrying their babies with them.

• Spiral
    Spiral

"most of us here are lacking faith even though we might not know it."

Interesting comment, probably true. Most have just been bored to death for so long they don't even know what they think. (My observation here locally.) BUT I think it's a little telling, the powers that be up the ladder realize they have a negative (to them) trend on their hands?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

and I have come to the conclusion I am lacking faith.

Faith concerning the and relating to the WTS is how well your going reiterate the devised selling doctrines in their door to door Gospel preaching and it always has to be their doctrines of faith or nothing else.

The Watchtower Publishing house demands it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit