Hello everyone!

by Planetsmashers 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Planetsmashers
    Planetsmashers

Hello everyone!

Ive been lurking for a while and finally got around to registering.

About me: I was essentially born in & indoctrinated from youth. I was always a borderline "bad association" type because I always did the minimum and always disagreed with much of what was taught; even when I was a child.

Luckily for me my father was never a jw so I never had to endure the male head pressure.

i did the usual routine; got married early @ 21 years old. Had enough of feeling suicidal and depressed all my life and finally snapped. I voluntarily df'd and left it all behind. Started a new life and COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! Suicidal thoughts and depression are now gone but anxiety still plagues me. I have always had social anxiety issues thanks to being raised as a dub.

I essentially left to save my life from suicide and end my years of misery and depression. It had little to do with TTATT (but had I of researched more at the time it would have contributed). I am also the total opposite of a conservative religious person. I am left thinking and very forward thinking. Also have been a critical thinker my whole life.

Df for about 3 years but only really started researching TTATT when the RAC stuff started happening.

My mom and my sister are still heavily in. Sadly my sister is raising 4 children in the cult and to make it worse is homeschooling them :(. About half of my cousins/aunt/uncles are in as well.

So sooooo happy to be out! No more doom and gloom. No more constant pressure to "do more". No more being judged for EVERYTHING.

Was in for 27 years and out for 3. I think the org has changed more in those 3 years than the 27 I was in.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and look forward to posting and interacting with all you critical thinkers and free minds. :)

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Welcome!!!!!
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - Planetsmashers - Welcome, and i would have hated to have to endure with " male head pressure ", too. Lol, sorry, i couldnt resist, male head pressure just sounded too funny to me, but we know what ya meant, dont worry.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Hi there Planetsmasher. Welcome to the forum. Are you still with your wife?
  • Crisis of Conscience
  • cofty
    cofty

Welcome Planetsmashers

I think the org has changed more in those 3 years than the 27 I was in

I have been out for 20 and in the last couple of years it really feels like the cult is beginning to change significantly.

Look forward to your posts

• snugglebunny
  • Planetsmashers
    Planetsmashers

No we are no longer together. I knew she would never leave the org and I didn't want to live a life where I'm looked down on by all those around me. She's re married now.

Living with my girlfriend and couldn't be happier. We are truly soul mates.

My my jw wife and I got married basically out of guilt/ fear of sex before marriage.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Hello Planetsmashers, it's very nice to meet you. Glad you are making your own path in life.
  • Lostwun
    Lostwun
    Welcome to the gang PS :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit