by SunnyOne026 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well said SunnyOne.

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Beautiful and poignant.

Describes my experience to a T.

I hope the love in your heart and the light in your eyes never fade.

Thank you for sharing.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I enjoyed your poem but have a comment, I never felt close to Jehovah, prayer always just felt like talking to myself. I have never had any of my prayers answered. I begged Jehovah for weeks to help me when I started to wake up, silence. It always felt like no one was on the other end. Perfect justice in my imperfect mind doesn't kill billions of people because they aren't Jws. I agree with your confusion about what to believe now. šŸ˜‘

• SunnyOne026
    SunnyOne026

Thanks for your kind words, dubstepped and smiddy.

• gone for good
    gone for good

I appreciated your contentment with your new "..live a life of quiet uncertainty.."

Uncertainty is the only true and just response we can have to much of life whether past, present and obviously the future.

Joys and beauty remain undiminished and a sense of wonder enhances every human mind.

Thank you for introducing that perfectly apt and logical phrase.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SUNNY ONE026:

Your poem is touching but very truthful. The last two stanzas describe how I feel:..I would rather live a life of quiet uncertainty as well - rather than hang onto uninspired personsā€™ empty promises.

Isnā€™t history filled with religions and ā€œprophetsā€? Well, Iā€™m done with it. My association with the JWs has cured me of religion.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Great job SunnyOneO26 you brought out the feelings of many of us who was once trap in the Borg. Thank you for sharing it with us. Still Totally ADD

• SunnyOne026
    SunnyOne026

Hi there All or Nothing. I understand what you're saying and I feel for you. In fact, I initially disassociated myself about 17 years ago for that very reason after a series of tragedies in my life because I felt that Jehovah either wasn't there or didn't care about me enough to respond to my heartfelt supplications. But unfortunately, I didn't do any research outside the WT org at the time, so I returned to the cult about a year later because I missed my friends so much and I still thought it was the closest religion to what could be the truth. What a mistake!šŸ˜³ Later, when my son became a teenager he started having doubts and left the borg. When I would tell him that one reason I believed it was the Truth was because Jehovah so often answered my prayers, he used to say to me, "Mom, when something good happens you give credit to Jehovah and when things go badly you blame it on Satan. But good and bad things happen to everybody, no matter what their spiritual beliefs are." I wasn't ready to hear that at the time, of course, but now, not only do I realize the veracity of my son's words, I also realize that I was captive to the WT reasoning that told us "we have to be patient and wait on Jehovah, Jehovah knows what we need better than we do, Jehovah will only fix all our problems in the new system and he wants us to prove our love for him by our endurance, etc., etc..."

With such reasoning it is always possible to convince ourselves that God really is listening to us, whether he is or not.

There's more I want to say, but I will private message you when I have a chance, if you don't mind.

My heart truly goes out to you.

Hugs,

Sunny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit