Door-to-door preaching as surveillance

by john.prestor 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Introvert 2, they probably were looking for the horns on your head some sister said you had.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Blondie, not surprise me at all there was something going around about me ( as with all of us ) 10 years ago never found out what it was about haha !!

• steve2
    steve2

While I disagree with John.prestor’s musings on the alleged clandestine purpose of door-knocking, I will grant that if door-knocking JWs do “happen” upon any inactive or active JW doing “frowned upon” things, they will turn them in as quick as look at them.

But, no, that’s not the main purpose of their door-knocking - it’s one of the inadvertent “rewards” of being a loyal door-knocking JW: turning in wayward ones. 😉

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That's all I'm saying, that it functions, serves, as a means for Jehovah's Witnesses to perhaps, and I emphasize perhaps, see other Jehovah's Witnesses committing "sins" and then report them. I appreciate the honest feedback. I by no means believe that this is the actual point of door-to-door proselytizing, let me state that clearly again. That's not why Russell instituted it, why Rutherford and Knorr retained it, and why the Governing Body emphasizes it.

I like you calling my thoughts musings though, sounds about right, heh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit