• greven
    greven

Welcome Hapgood!

Will your daughter post too?

Greven

• avengers
    avengers

Hello, hello. Glad to meet you.

As they say: Another-one bites the dust. Uh I mean sees the light, uh, whatever.

Anyway, you will meet many interesting people here. This you can be sure of.

Welcome......Andy

• mouthy
    mouthy

Greetings Hapgood!! So happy you found us. I too thank Simon & Angard so much. When I left in 1987---I wanted to kill myself- since I felt just like Judas. Alone !!! No one to talk to. ( I still believed it all >except 1914 &> Jesus invisable presence-thats why the kicked me out) I was "out in the world" to speak thinking I was evil... I only knew one other that had left. He had let the province so couldnt talk to him. Then Ray Franz sent me the name of some others that were out ( I had written to him about his book) They took me to Pennsylvania where there were 3 to 400 hundred EX JWs .It was so wonderful that was in 1989.... I havent been the same since. It is "Witnesses Now For Jesus"
    I will be going again this year ( its 25th convention my 14th) Oct 17-18-19..... New Ringgold.USA
    Great you have joined THIS family ((hug))

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcome. I'm a long time lurker, but I thought that I would finially take the plunge and join in the fun.

Introspection- I think you know where I got the name Hapgood :-). Besides all the good ones are already taken.

Mouthy- I posted earlier, how brave the ones like you are that left before the internet. I felt like you, no one to talk to, but I'm so lucky that I have the internet, to know that you are not alone means so much. I really don't know where I would be without the information so readily available. I know I was really at a low point in my life before I took a peak at the xjw sites on the net (thought demons were going to come out through the monitor). You also mentioned that you couldn't accept the invisable presense of Jesus, when my hubby and I studied with the jws, that's something I could never understand and get through my head. I just kept quiet figured that the jws know best. Also, I've heard about that convention in PA. I would someday like to go, but the current situation with my hubby, now would not be a good time.

Hapgood

• Introspection
    Introspection

Actually I didn't know where you got your name, I was just going by the subject title. Since you mentioned it I did a search and did come up with a loose connection through the movie Dreamcatcher, but I'm sure that's not it. Anyways, you could have called yourself Duddits if that was the case.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

greven- I forgot to answer your question. Sorry. I would very much like my daughter to be a part of JWD, she just got a computer, so who knows, maybe she will. I've talked to her about leaving the jws, and she claims she is just fine, has no guilt, she doesn't believe that she will die at Armageddon because of not belonging to the jws, she doesn't ever think of going back, she celebrates the holidays and birthdays. So I really hope that she is over it. But from what the other posters have said that were raised as witnesses, I'm not so sure. We didn't raise her as a strict jw either, so maybe that helped.

Hapgood

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Introspection- From your reply about the music, I thought that you knew where I got the name Hapgood from :-) I got it from the Broadway play "Anyone Can Whistle" that was redone in 1995 as an AIDS benefit concert. My favorate actor played the character of Hapgood. I have the CD to this play and the music is great. I really like one song in particular entitled "Everbody Says Don't" this song sure fits me ha ha ha! I looked up some information on the internet about this play and the meaning that was given to the characther name of Hapgood was "questions traditonal assumptions and beliefs." Plus, I now feel happy and that I am a good person, something I wasn't feeling when I was a jw.

Hapgood

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

to

Hapgood

and

Oxnard Hamster as well

Glad to see the James Thomas Welcome Wagon is back

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh Wow! we got another newbie.

Welcome Hapgood. You're in good company here.

Enjoy the forum, and post when you feel the need to do so.

Best wishes!!!

• greven
    greven

Sounds like your daughter is ok, Hapgood!

I wasn't raised very strict either and as a consequence I do not have the mental anguish (sp?) some people experience when they leave. I really didn't believe it anymore with solid reasons why, and am able to tlak about it freely with my parents. They are becoming inactive too, so who knows? maybe tey'll leave as well! I am not very angry or vengefull. I just moved on.

Welcome again!

Greven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit