Hello! New kid on the block.

by Hapgood 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Hamas
    Hamas

Hi Hapgood !

Great to have you with us, my friend.

May you find true peace in your jouney away from the Watchtower.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• onacruse
    onacruse

Welcome a-board, Hap

I'm glad that you and hubby have achieved a mutually respectful balance, and that you've retained a lot of your family and friends. Like you say, a lucky stroke!

Craig

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Welcome, Hapgood!

• Maverick
    Maverick

Howdy and welcome! Maverick

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hapgood, happy you could make it!

Kate

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Hapgood!

• Simon
    Simon

Hi Hapgood ... welcome to our little corner of the net !

It was the other way round with me and Angharad - she was still wanting to go to meetings when I'd really seen enough to want to jack it all in.

It was stressful and difficult at the time but we got through it and are closer together now. People change but they have to see things in their own time.

I hope it all goes well for you. You will get some good support here from many who have been through similar situations.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Welcome to the board - I don't particularly care for your music, but it's good to have you here. Jump in the discussions and enjoy yourself.

• viktoria
    viktoria

Welcome Hapgood.

I´m new too, it's a good place to be.

Viktoria

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Thanks so much for the welcome! It's great to know that there are others that feel the same way, the internet is great. We are no longer a lone cry in the dark, we can come together and express how we all feel and get so much support. The ones that left before the internet and before all the great books that are now available, I feel are the true pioneers, they were very brave and helped pave the way for all of us.

First of all, welcome hapgood. I'm kinda new myself, and it tickles me to see other new people coming in. I'm also glad other people have welcomed me. So many communities get so elitist that the older members look down on "newbies," but that doesn't appear to be the case here. Then again, those boards consist of 15 year olds, and I get the impression most people here are a lot older.

About your internet comment, so true. And ironically, the JWs seem to dislike the internet. When I suggested I could witness to my friends online, they seemed against it and said something about violating WT copyright laws? Huh? But don't they give those things away for free anyway? And shouldn't spreading the gospel of Jesus come before WT interests? I guess that's the main reason I left. They act like if you don't go through the WT, then any witnessing you've done about Jesus doesn't count. Baloney!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit