Let the shunning begin!

by Cicatrix 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel
    rebel

Thanks Craig - but it made me so angry. If she hadn't left when she did, I think I would have exploded.

Cicatrix - you definitely have the right attitude. But how stupid and ignorant to talk to your daughter and pretend you weren't there. What a complete and utter moron that so-called sister is. She needs a swift kick up the pants.

xxR

• ballistic
    ballistic

I was in a chip shop yesterday and there must be an assembly on as a couple came in wear "Give Glory to God" lapel cards.

Anyway, they looked as MISERABLE AS SIN. They were short with the staff, and when the young lad got them Coke instead of Diet Coke she return, "I said DIET COKE". No pleases or smile.

As I didn't know them, I was not shunned but I certainly shunned them. Some spiritual paradise eh?

• viktoria
    viktoria

My first impulse was to laugh at these stupid dubs,what a mentality some of them have.I wasn't good at the shunning thing,alwys spoke to the df'd anyhow.The rebel in me I guess. But when you think of what it might do to those who are depressed it's not so funny anymore.I hope that as more and more people find places like this they will feel more indifferent about being shunned and hopefully even laugh about it.Poor folks in Afrika who don't have access to the internet like we have,like they don't have problems enough as it is.

Freein86,don't let your sister play that game for the WT and against you.Tell the people what's going on in the "truth" and just how "loving" they are, shunning is a despicable act that deserves to be reveiled in public.See who i ashamed then.

Rebel, you are a very patient person.Next time that woman comes to your house tell her that if she wants to come in she'll have to behave in a decent manner and that you NEVER will accept to be shunned in the privacy of your OWN HOME.God,that makes me mad.

Viktoria

• outnfree
    outnfree

Cicatrix,

My friend, who is an ex-JW on dialysis, has two never-baptized daughters, who have finally gotten sick of the fact that the Witnesses they run into still ask after their mother. These are the same JWs who never offered to help out when their mom was in ICU, and who pull the same sort of "not seeing" the mom while talking to the girls as that Sandy did to you. So now, if asked, they make a HUGE point of how their mom almost died, and is still very ill, and how upset they are at the lack of love shown to THEM by the congregation, hence, they are NEVER going back.

Ballistic,

Funniest thing happened last night. Maverick was in town so Aztec and me and the aforementioned friend (doesn't post here) met him for dinner. (Thanks, Mav! ) We, of course were swapping exit tales and generally bad-mouthing the GB, and Maverick is an ex-elder so had some experience in how the elders had handled my disassociation. We were having a very merry time, never noticing the couple at the next table until they walked past on their way out sporting "Give Glory to God" convention badges!!!! We nearly died laughing! They sure got an earful for the gossip mill last night! LOLOLOLOL

outnfree

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    She came into MY kitchen, sat at MY table and ignored me!!! I said "Hi" just to break the ice. She glared at me, got up and shouted to son and his mate that she would be waiting in the car and hurried to the door

Shocking behaivour.....

If that had happened to me the door knob would've definetely hit her is the a$$ on her way out.

Then she could go back and tell her PO that I was "prone to anger"

• freein89
    freein89

cicatrix, and all who replied,

I absolutly let people know that she would not talk to me, I thought people should know what"loving" people the JW's are. I sure wish I would have had such a wonderful support group when I DA'd, it was in 89 and I don't think the internet was even available yet. Thanks to you all!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

OutnFree! Oh, how I long to have been there! First to enjoy the great company, and second to have been part of the mini-apostafest! I wish I could be a fly on the wall of wherever this couple were going to be when they let all that out!

Terri

• rocketman
    rocketman

This all goes to show that their efforts at shunning have the opposite effect. Rather than make people want to come back, frequently the opposite occurs - it drives people away.

Cicatrix, I had to laugh about the blue dress coincidence! And if you don't want them ever talking with you again, maybe you'll invest in a whole blue-dress wardrobe. Seems to do the trick!

• Yesterdays Child
    Yesterdays Child

You know I was dfed some twenty years ago and the elder who lives at the end of my street crosses the street to avoid me when I'm cutting the lawn. One day I was out in the yard and he and his wife were out for there afternoon walk and yelled "hello" to my then ten year old daughter (who goes to the hall with her mom ) .I stoped what I was doing ran across the street a yelled Don't you ever direspect me in front of my daughter by not speaking to me . A hello would have been fine. He looked like he was going to faint. Of couarse I heard it from my wife that night. My mom now 82 came home from the Hall 20 years ago and said they read my name off at the hall. I asked her so this means you will never talk to me huh. I will never forget what she said " No man EVER will stop me from talking to my children. She continues too today. After some forty years of going to the Hall my mom stop going some 5 years ago after my sister was killed by her jw boyfriend outside an assembly in SC My father never recovered and died the next year. My mom tells me every day she is so glad she never stop talking to me as her "ELDER" son my brother has no time for her . How sad

• freein89
    freein89

yesterdays child,

couple things

thing 1-great job sticking up for yourself, that took courage and it sounds like you take after your Mom, this involved your child and you didn't let anybody mess with that

thing 2-I am so sorry for what you and your mom have been through, you will find healing here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit