Will Adam Eve be resurrected? If not why? WT tell us.

by James Mixon 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon
    Simon

They can never resist claiming they know and putting themselves forward as the arbiter and executioner.

Why can't they ever humbly say "we just don't know"

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Yes Blondie the subject is the WTS viewpoint but I think a dose of reality contrasts nicely with their mumbo jumbo.
  • Yalbadaoth
    Yalbadaoth

I think the reason this idea was abandoned is because "the book of life" includes inahabitants of the earth from "the founding of the world". If Adam and Eve are in that book then that places the "founding of the world" before Abel. WT insist the "founding of the world" relates to the birth of Abel because, if the "founding of the world" relates to Adam and Eve's creation, that would mean any scriptures referring to "before the founding of the world" would point to before the creation of Adam and Eve. Why is that a problem? Because there are scriptures that refer to the heavenly hope and Christ's role being known "before the founding of the world". If Christs role and the heavenly hope were known "before the founding of the world" or "before Adam and Eve sinned" then they have a big problem with their teaching that says - "christ was just a plan B that came into effect after Adam sinned". It would mean that Christ's role as redeemer and the heavenly hope were always part of God's plan, not just a post-sin after-thought, and that would, of course, punch a hole in their "everlasting life on earth was God's original purpose" theology.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    I remember reading some back and forth on this subject in some old books. The Bible Student groups held to the Russell teachings, opposed to Rutherford's (and Franz's) teaching on it. I seem to recall one of the PSL Johnson books going into it a great deal.
  • waton
    waton

Today's watchtower study reiterated, that here is no resurrection for A & E because they deliberately sinned. (were deliberately deceived.) but

did they not die for their sins? so are now even steven. so: why would they not qualify for another chance to work on it with knowledge, hindsight?

Wt writers deliberately put forth anti-biblical prophecies, even predictions, if/when they die, would they not qualify for a second chance too?

Some of the examples in the article could die 3 times, lie Lazarus et al, died once adamacly, died again because of inherited "sin", would be resurrected, and could rebel "after the thousand years are ended" , and die then finally for good or bad.

That is a bad story , 2 resurrections, 3 times paying for your "sins" and still a goner.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

How would anyone know? No one knows what Adam looked like. The only thing he would have would be the memories of what happened from creation to his death. People would be mad at him for putting humanity through 6 thousand years of this.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

In a way, I think when JWs began to go off the rails can be dated to around the time when they began to teach that Adam wouldn’t be resurrected. Until that point Bible Students/JWs taught a very inclusive conception of salvation, where it was possible to anticipate that the vast majority of humans would ultimately be reconciled to God.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i dont think poor old Onan stands much of a chance either.

• waton
    waton
    i dont think poor old Onan stands much of a chance either.

sld: right, with adulterers fornicators too not inheriting god's kingdom, even lookers not escaping gehenna, unless they pluck out their right eye,

A high priority is put on proper reproduction.

A & E, even if resurrected, will not have kids again. no kidding.

to be fair : that is true in evolution too. breed well or vanish. not just sem-entics

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Did you hear about the man who was injured in a peek-a-boo incident?

He ended up in ICU.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit