Will Adam Eve be resurrected? If not why? WT tell us.

by James Mixon 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Jan. 15, 1960 WT. page 53

"Since the supreme Judge never makes a mistakes, there is no need for him to take under

review any judgment that he has passed (BS) His judgment are final. That means the people

who perished in the flood of Noah's day will never be resurrected to stand trial again.

The same is true with the people of Sodom and Gomorrah as well as Adam and Eve."So there you Go.

John 3:16 Whoever believes in him shall not die but have life, and shall not perish but

have everlasting life.

Gen.2;17 Adam and Eve did not perish, they died. Hell they lived a total 930 years.

Adam and Eve got us into this mess, but I think it's a little harsh on God's part.

Give them another chance, the GB are a lot worst. LOL

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

I guess the idea to put both Adam and Eve in the Gehenna came from the very Haughty Cadillac Judge Rutherford.

The Pastor Russel was not so harsh in his judgment of the two first humans and he saw rather both of them in the sheol, ready for a resurrection in due time. I have read something about it in very old magazines. Am I right ?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Didn't Christ die for sinners? "And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. (1 Tim.2:14 - NIV)

Doesn't look good for Adam according to Paul's definition!.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

It doesn't make sense, the father of humanity are so harshly treated according

to the WT. I believe you have a good point, "Russell was so judgmental."

But the article states they will never be resurrected.

• TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

Hi Searcher !

If Eve was deceived and manipulated by Satan, Adam has been deceived and manipulated by his wife. I hope they will both come to life again and let us know more about the desirable fruit so that we can taste it together with them without fearing any punishment in due time.

• kaik
    kaik
    Resurrection or permanent damnation of Adam and Eve is one of the flip-flop doctrines in JW theology. JWs never had definitive answer on this issue, but in the 1980's they taught that both of them will not be resurrected. New light could change that as it happened several times since 1870's.
  • blondie
    blondie

Adam

Resurrected

"The death of Christ secures for Adam and all of his race one full opportunity for salvation and no more. The majority have died in heathenish darkness without any opportunity; and many in Christian lands have disregarded their opportunity, as did the people of Capernaum. All must be brought to a full knowledge of their privileges in Christ and then all rejecters will be destroyed." Watchtower 1920 Oct 15 p.316
    "Just when Adam will be awakened, only the Lord knows. It may be early or it may be late during the period of restoration." Reconciliation (1928) pp.323, 324 - Rutherford

Not Resurrected

"There is no promise found in the Scriptures that Adam's redemption and resurrection and salvation will take place at any time. Adam had a fair trial for life and completely failed." Salvation (1939) p.43 - Rutherford
    "Adam and Eve are viewed as among those who are incorrigible sinners who "proved that they were not worthy of life, and they will not be resurrected."" From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained p.236
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The men of Sodom will be resurrected.

The men of Sodom will not be resurrected.

The men of Sodom will be resurrected.

The men of Sodom will not be resurrected.

Ok, I'm confused....

• Half banana
    Half banana

Sorry chaps but there will be no resurrection taking place at any time...it's just a religious puff-ball dream.

So whereas a general bodily resurrection remains the most remotely improbable thing ever, it is absolutely impossible to literally resurrect mythical or literary figures who never lived in the first place such as Adam and Eve or Mickey Mouse and Minnie.

• blondie
    blondie
    HB, we know that we aren't presenting our personal beliefs but what the WTS has taught over time, not the veracity of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit