New rules for child sexual abuse?

by formerministerial 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Della Street
    Della Street

@TheFallGuy in the States, board members of non-profits usually elect for the organization to carry "Board Insurance" due to the fact that board members are individually liable for the decisions and actions of the non-profit corporation.

There is so much WT could do that would not compromise their Two Witness Rule:

1. require background checks for all MS, Elders, Pioneers, Bethelites, etc...
    2. report all sexual abuse reports to the police
    3. start sending elders to classes on trauma informed care, and Psychological First Aid

Their inability to think out of the box, or to do what is best for the people in their care is becoming increasingly blatant. That is not to say that there are not good men there who sincerely care, but they are so ignorant and uneducated that they have been causing real damage for decades. It is time to put a stop to it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Interesting. Since the protection of the corporation is the utmost concern, I figured eventually something like this may happen at some point. What would be great is if anybody would save that communication about destroying records. I think in future abuse cases, it will be a slam dunk against the WT for that brilliant move.

They have savvy accountants and lawyers. Anything can happen to save the $$$.

• zeb
    zeb

eyeused2badub.

The "two witness" rule will morph into the "overlapping witness" rule...

bloody brilliant!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They prepared a draft for the Legal Department, to create specific instructions for European Union countries:

- eliminate records, files, data instructions at European level, branches and congregations

- local elders have to take the decision, according to their inner conscience, that any future case of sexual abuse is exclusively a matter for parents and judicial authorities.

Surely this would be against the law to comply with these instructions in most country`s and set yourself up for criminal prosecution if you obeyed these directions from the GB.?

• sp74bb
    sp74bb
    It sounds an interesting legal approach that might save their money 💰
  • nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

bingo sp74bb

I concur

leave all decisions of what to say "up to the elders" leaving this a "conscience matter" for the children and parents. ( You all here know what that really means) yet the elders are also told to follow "the bible standards". Eliminating that call to legal will eliminate WT legal responsibility, as least that is what is hoped. IMO

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    - local elders have to take the decision, according to their inner conscience, that any future case of sexual abuse is exclusively a matter for parents and judicial authorities.

I remember back in the day when I was an elder...a judicial case regarding morals came up. The JW in question was just wanting to fade...the elder body was fishing for a way to rid themselves of this individual and look for a reason to d'f. The JW 'wrongdoer' was very legal savvy and threatened to sue the body of elders for slander if they pursued the issue. I was the one with most to loose among the elders as I was financially better off than the rest. Watchtower legal got involved and told our body to follow WT protocol...to dot our I's and cross our T's otherwise we would be on our own without WT legal protection. I was concerned due to a couple of elders with loose-cannon mentality on the committee. So, that same day I called my insurance agent. Explained the situation to him...about how I was a JW elder...dealing with judicial committees...threats of slander and defamation and the like against me personally. He quickly signs me up to a several million dollar umbrella policy which included legal protection. Long story short...I slept good that night...next meeting I told the body I wanted out...just wanted to return to being a JW rank and file no-body. The rest is history!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Whatever "new" rules/doctrines/policies the Org comes up with, you can be sure that they will - ultimately - be crafted to minimize the extent of the problem in the eyes of the rank-and-file, whilst appearing to follow the letter of the law at the time.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Sounds like really good legal advice I hope they take it. The courts are really slamming them because they are an arrogant uncooperative repeat offender they need a new image one of heartful sorrow over the damage they have caused in the past. I don't think there are any half measures one can take in this thing, admission of guilt and a turn around in procedures is the way.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

About 9 years ago, my then girlfriend, now wife, told me there were two men in a car parked on the street wstching the house. They inquired of her about if she was living there, asking nosy questions. She referred them to me.

I asked them if they wanted the 411 on what was up. They said they did. I advised them to look up 1 Thessalonians 4:11 in the NWT.

11 Make it your aim to live quietlym and to mind your own businessn and to work with your hands,o just as we instructed you,

After they did that, I advised them that if they caused me any problems, made trouble for my JW mom living out of state, I would make their ministry impossible. Also, if they announced my name in any way, I would sue them individually and collectively for slander. Haven't heard from them yellow bellied hounders since.

They avoid my house like the plague.

Snakes (of the "not bothered by hounders" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit