Did you use the JW calendars?

by GermanXJW 21 Replies latest jw friends

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Even in my hardcore active JW time I had no use for the JW calendar. I ordered it each year and put it into a drawer. Most months were really ugly illustrated and it was completly useless without the holidays. Even if you do not celebrate it is important to know when there are days on which you don't have to work.

Instead the stupid thing reminds the poor JW that each Saturday is a Magazine Day... And the memorial of course with its special Bible reading program.

BTW, to cut costs the calendar has become so tiny that you cannot even use it if you wished to. Like a postcard on the wall.

Did anyone of you have or is having any use for the JW calendar? (Except to toilet paper, or to lighten a fire?) ;-)

• m0nk3y
    m0nk3y

Ugh my mum used to always get them and put them up on the wall. I, like you thought they were completely ugly. I could have thought of alot more fun designs even with a JW completely limiting theme. I also thought it was stupid how they didnt show public holidays and most people that I knew had them up wrote down all the public holidays.

So in a nut shell, yes they were ugly, no they didnt make sense and no I would never even have looked at them twice if mum hadnt of purchased them.

monk3y

• Prisca
    Prisca

Yes, I went through a stage where I bought the calenders every year for about 10 years. They were a cheap calender to buy ("donation" arrangement didn't come into place until 2000 in Australia).

Towards the last years I was in the Borg I stopped buying them and started to buy normal calenders.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Most JWs I know do have "secular" calenders in addition to or even instead of the WT calendar.

• berten
    berten

In the early seventies the WTS decided to stop printing those calendars because they found

it too "Pagan".Then a few years later "New Light" must have arrived and they started publishing them again...

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I've tried using them but the glossy paper just doesn't have the absorbent qualities of Charmin.

Expatbrit

• logansrun
    logansrun

Never.

B

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun
    I've tried using them but the glossy paper just doesn't have the absorbent qualities of Charmin.

LOL! I never used them. They were so drab.

• JH
    JH

Every year I had a free Cat & Dog calendar where I buy my cat's food.

I rather look at different cats and dogs every month than look at the JW calendar.

• hurt
    hurt

Never.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit