No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I have heard some XMormons say that their beliefs were weird but not as crazy as Jehovah's Witnesses.

I always thought theirs was weirder, with the whole rule your own planet thing.

Maybe our stuff just sounds less weird, Simon because it was our weird stuff and we were used to it.

But, yeah, Scientology is nutty. But, at least they don't believe in the god of the bible.

• Simon
    Simon
    I have heard some XMormons say that their beliefs were weird but not as crazy as Jehovah's Witnesses.

What? They have magic underwear! All we had was magic wheat for a very short time ...

I agree, anyone brought up with any belief is probably less surprised by it even when it's complete nuts.

If you take a step back and look at the whole Christianity story it is as whacky as anything Mormons, JWs and Scientologists have come up with. Well, maybe not the last ones - but effectively alien creatures having babies with earth women and magical floods and people coming back to life.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Me thinks this thread is going in circles.

One last comment .

I think its quite obvious that the WTS has always instituted a careful watch over to what their devoted followers wore in clothing and in hair styles.

Both men and woman are constantly screened on their appearance, while at the Kingdom Halls, going out in service and on their leisure time.. The never ending agenda or intent was to make sure everyone was dressed in a what one could describe as a non worldly secular way, something that was in line supposedly with said Christian values. The problem that did occur and looks like its still occurring is that people have various perceptions of what clothing apparel upholds those Christian values and what doesn't.

The younger generation seems to go a bit further in their intent to show their appearance and the clothing industry targets the younger generation as well as opposed to older adults. There is bound to be some viewpoint contradiction from the age group certain elders are in, some elders are now in their 70's and even 80's .

I really don't see anything alarming different in this new directive to the elders to watch how people are dressed in their congregations. A lot of what gets said in these special meetings for elders and CO's had been done many times before, the wording might have changed a little but the underlining agenda is really about the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit