No 'Tight Pants' policy is now official - classed as 'disturbing'

by wizzstick 362 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

The new WT policy is to single out those with effeminate traits and mannerisms, using the term gender blurring characteristics, it is separated from the grooming and dress, check the outline.

Again, this is the point of this entire instruction. It has NOTHING to do with just clothes. It has EVERYTHING to do with PERCEPTION. Anyone who knows circuit overseer Henry Turner will know what I am talking about. A man with some of the most effeminate MANNERISMS, and speech qualities I have ever seen. How long before he gets kicked to the curb for simply having MANNERISMS that are more feminine than most men?

And still there is the one or two who cling to the idea that this issue is about nothing other than a mans pants! There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

• freddo
    freddo

Maybe they use the term "metrosexual" because they don't want stuff in print that says "homosexual."

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sexuality is for the purpose of procreation - the biological function of the sex organs is fertilization, yes.

Homosexuality precludes that - it would appear so, but don't rush to conclude that homosexuality is abnormal. Science is still finding things out.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306987702003638

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1090513808000688

• scotsman
    scotsman
    The gayest threads are still always the longest, we win at everything.
  • Simon
    Simon

I think the normal vs abnormal debate depends on whether you are talking scientifically or politically.

It is abnormal in that it is not normal but the word abnormal obviously comes with negative connotations that people believe carry judgemental overtones even if they are not meant.

Again, this is the point of this entire instruction. It has NOTHING to do with just clothes. It has EVERYTHING to do with PERCEPTION ... And still there is the one or two who cling to the idea that this issue is about nothing other than a mans pants! There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Yes - clothing, behaviour, appearance from the perspective of "worldly fashions"

The actual content talks about the "extremes of the world", not everyone who doesn't speak with a deep baritone voice.

There does seem to be some flip-flopping re: whether it applies to gay people or people who have mannerisms some interpret as being gay-inspired.

• sir82
    sir82

If y'all will allow me to sidestep the bickering....

In last year's one-day elders' school, there was a half hour talk which was utterly bizarre. It was all about how there is such a thing as "non-practicing gays" in the world, they even provided the acronym "NPG".

The speaker went on and on and ON about how it was "totally inappropriate" to think there could be NPGs in the congregation. A JW must "make his mind over" and "actively fight against homosexual urges" in order to be "acceptable" to the big J.

At the time it seemed to be utterly nonsensical - how was this even an issue?

Now it makes more sense - it was apparently the first salvo in an attack on all things gay, even the appearance of being gay.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    NPGs is a Bethel acronym. We used to use that expression when I was there to refer to obviously gay dudes who were at Bethel.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Thank you for clearing up the confusion in my last post TakeOffTheCrown, bigoted stupidity it is.
  • Simon
    Simon
    The speaker went on and on and ON about how it was "totally inappropriate" to think there could be NPGs in the congregation. A JW must "make his mind over" and "actively fight against homosexual urges" in order to be "acceptable" to the big J.

Yeah, that makes no sense - if they do have those urges and fight against them then they are by definition a NPG.

Even a NPG will always be on the fringe of the organization though and viewed with suspicion.

• Simon
    Simon
    Thank you for clearing up the confusion in my last post TakeOffTheCrown, bigoted stupidity it is

The thing I like most about bigoted christian types is they just can't hide it. Their ignorance just blurts itself out like tourettes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit