Do you have any musical talent?

by sandy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Jessica Rabbit
    Jessica Rabbit

I LOVE to sing. Mostly country but I can pull off a Stevie Nicks song now and then too. I used to LOVE going to Karoake bars. I actually had people come up and make requests for certain songs. As far as I was concerned I was in concert for those few minutes. Absolutely love it. My father and I had a band when I was 16. We even cut a record. Then like a dumbass, I got married at 17 and my husband didn't want me singing in bars anymore. Damn him!

• maxwell
    maxwell

I've replied to question like this before, but I'll do it again.

I play the alto saxophone mostly. I played a lot in high school. And I was part of a JW band when I was in and when I lived with parents. We played mostly R&B and blues oldies at weddings and anniversaries and a few general 'gatherings'. After not playing much while going through college, I started taking lessons recently learning jazz which has always been my favorite genre of music. My teacher plays with a professional swing band. They play mostly at dances around the area. But they have started doing a few jazz gigs where dancing isn't so much emphasized and I was allowed to sit in on one song recently, so that was really cool. I may build up the nerve to go some of the jazz jam sessions some day.

I also play around with the piano some. I bought a digital piano in the past month, but that's mostly for my own enjoyment. I might eventually get into playing the saxophone more publicly, but don't really have those aspirations for the piano.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Guitar here, taught myself a few years back.

Thunder

• songmistress
    songmistress

I sang with a barbershop chorus for 4 years. I sing with my church choir currently. Voice is my instrument. I used to play guitar when I was a kid.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I played violin for several years, but haven't touched it since I was pretty young. Mom plays piano really well. I love to sing, and can carry a tune, but don't think I am any good at it.

All my kids played piano for awhile, but none stayed with it. Princess played violin for a few years, and was really good.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I sing...and sing...and sing. I'm not in a band. My singing would be more along the Broadway musical type. I would love to sing in a band. It's a dream of mine.

• heathen
    heathen

arrowstar---------- the best way I can think of to get involved in a band is to go to the local music store. Most have a bulletin board where you can put a card describing the kind of music you like and a phone #.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

heathen - thank you so much for the tip.

• hippikon
    hippikon

I Don't have a bean of musical talent - I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

But I like to listen

• aarque
    aarque

I played the accordion for several years but had to give it up because I was getting pleats on my stomach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit