Explain this to me

by Ariell 24 Replies latest jw friends

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Welcome.

I don'r know about you, but it seems that all of your information and ideas on other religions come from the witnesses. Of course they are going to trash all alternatives to themselves.

Myself, I don't believe in organized religion, but you should do yourself a favor and do some REAL research on other religions by going down to your local librarty and reading about them. This might give you a more balanced perspective of others and their beliefs.

Good luck!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome to the board!

About the only JW belief I'm still clinging to is that RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET - especially JWism.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I'm not into religion except to study history and behaviors but . . . Welcome! Gary

• borgfree
    borgfree

I question JW beliefs because I have learned, by study of the bible, and other books, that the witnesses have nothing resembling truth. I will explain that I was born into the JW beliefs, and stayed until I was 54 years old, I knew the JW teachings well.

I do, definitely believe in God, but do not refer to Him as Jehovah for two reasons, first, I think it is not the proper name, Yahweh is probably closer, second, Jehovah is too closely linked to the Watchtower Society and I choose to distance myself as much as possible from anything Watchtower.

I thought for many years, just as you said, if we did not have the truth then nobody did, I was very wrong. I am a born again Christian. I attend churches when I choose to, but I have not wanted to join any church. I go to different churches and believe they all (mainline Christian) teach the truth from the bible. Different churches, or denominations, will differ on some things, but they will all believe the most important basics of the Christian faith.

If the churches are filled with hypocrisy, isn't that the place where hypocrites need to be? I am very much a sinner, and I know I need to be as close to God as possible. BTW, the Watchtower has plenty of hypocrites too.

I do not hold to any Watchtower teachings, in fact just the opposite is true, I usually discount everything I learned from the organization, and set out to learn everything from scratch. I do not use my own interpretation, or twist. The bible must support what I believe or I will not believe it.

The Watchtower always said that we could prove what we believed, from the bible, that is not at all true. To prove the Watchtower teachings, you must take parts of scriptures, out of context, and jump all over the bible in the process. You must, now, also, have a different version of the bible, as people were starting to give the JWs too much trouble, using the common translations, and proving the JWs wrong.

Borgfree

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welcome Ariell

It looks as though you're still holding on to core JW beliefs, but with your own twist of interpretation.

HaHa. That's very good. I love newbies that start their first post with a taunt.

Seriously.....how long have you been here lurking before you decided to post that? This board is a huge melting pot of differing levels and layers of beliefs. You will even discover, that some of the most senior members here, have gone through quite a metamorphosis, from their original posts.

There are very few core JW beliefs, that any of us hold on to. Refusal of blood to save your own life, or that of a loved one? Shunning of loved ones? Armageddon is just around the corner?

C'mon Ariell, you'll have to do better than that.

It is the core JW beliefs, that got us here in the first place.

Regards: xjw_b12 " I just want to know the truth, because I've been lied to all my life "

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Another WTS secret service agent on the mission to infiltrate and unsettle the good work being carried on here. Another example of the likes that have weasled their way in since the Good Lord Farkel has left the site and no-one else has taken on the job of sorting 'the wheat from the chaff'. Only Farkel could label someone a dipshit with such deep sincerity. Is it me, or is it perhaps a mild case of paranoia rising to the surface?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

Hi! welcome.

I am a witch first. But I am also a Catholic now too. I am only Catholic when I want the christian ritual. I really dont consider myself christian at all. I do not think christianity is any more or less valid than any religion. The ONLY christianity I think has any chance of being authentic is Catholicism. Protestantism is not even an option for me, and I absolutely hate fundamentalism, especially as it is expressed in the US.

I am trying to evolve enough to be able to drop religion altogether. But I still have certain needs that are filled by religion.

somedays I am completely ok with no religion at all, other days I need the comfort of the past.

Ravyn

• Francois
    Francois

I think you have way too much faith in your premise. I don't hold to any "core" JW teaching. And I wouldn't know what one of those was anyway, since they change and shift around all the time.

And as far as hypocrisy is concerned, let me say this. I've been out over 25 years. I've made a study of virtually all Christian religions and I have yet to find even one which is so thoroughly steeped in hypocrisy as the witnesses. Sorry, Pal, but them's the facts after some hard looking.

And you say if the JWs don't have the truth, then there's no truth at all? I'm guessing from that statement that you're a pretty young one and havent' lived through many of the things that life can throw at you. There is far more truth in the Tao Te Ching's five thousand words than there is in all the JW publications from 1874 to 2003, but you'll never know that with your attitude. If it's not found in the JW teachings, it isn't the truth, right? Challenge yourself. Read the Tao Te Ching and see if I'm not right.

• KGB
    KGB

I do not believe in any thing the borg teaches anymore but I do still retain my faith in God and his word. Just because I left the witnesses does not mean we have to leave our creator. I am not a member of any religion although I do attend once or twice a month. I insist on not being a member of any religion as I know that religion does not save us but only Jesus Christ can.

Welcome to the board and please do stick around you will learn a great deal of information pertaining to your faith and in time learn the real truth. Not everyone here that left the JW`s are haters of God but unfortunately there are plenty here who do hate the Lord. We have to except the good with the bad and stick to our faith no matter what someone else thinks about it or us.

Some here will tear you down for your belief in the Lord but your faith will keep you strong. Good Luck coming here and I hope you do learn the truth about the JW religion....

• nowisee
    nowisee

the "warped Christianity" you spoke about is an idea you have been spoon-fed by the wts. you really need to examine things a bit more, on your own, without wt literature at hand. try reading the bible alone! ask for help in prayer. acts 17:11.

welcome to the board and best wishes.

nowisee <><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit