I put my burden on Jehovah, but he gave it back

by Nosferatu 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Remember all those times that you waited on Jehovah for help? Remember how he didn't help? Tell some of your experiences of how Jehovah didn't help you in your time of need.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hi Nos It was nice to meet with you

hmm I pray for Jehovah to make my elder/husband stop abusing me. He gave it back so I left.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hi Lady Lee! Hope all is well with you :)

Guess I should put my story in here. When I was in grade 7, I was getting teased and beat up a lot - mostly because I was a Witness, and my mother forced me to wear ugly hand-me-downs. I was getting kicked, punched, hit with objects (hard cover textbooks) etc. I prayed like crazy, asking Jehovah for help. Things got worse when I noticed that I was shaking with fear while walking to school and during school. I was damn near the point of a nervous breakdown. The problem got a bit better when summer holidays rolled around.

Throughout the whole year, I prayed to Jehovah for help, but I didn't get any. I learned that you have to deal with your own problems rather than relying on a vengeful god to fix them.

• Hamas
    Hamas

For 19 years we prayed so hard that my father would come into the 'truth', and stop making it so difficult for us to get along. 19 years of hurt, arguements, bitterness and lies just to get to the meetings.

We prayed for help that never came.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Sounds like my school years. Yeah, every pre-teen wants to wear the same double-knit polyester trousers that their gran wears.

I threw all my burdens on Jehovah, but he batted them right back into my stomach. I could go through a whole list of stuff I had to deal with, but I'd bore you. Suffice to say, he gave me back my abusive parents, my abusive husband, and loads and loads of unloving people in the congregation. He left me alone to deal with all those things.

I think I know why.

He doesn't exist. Well, not in my mind anymore.

• uknowthetruth
    uknowthetruth

Everyon knows that Jehovah does not place burdens on you he helps you cope with them and allows them to happen inorder to view your faith. Everyon knows if you pray but you have no faith in what your praying for WOULD YOU HELP YOU, If there were no faith involved. Did your lifestyle work in harmony with what yo were praying for. If not..Can u figure out why your prayer wasn't answered. Were upbuilt by the persecution of those before you Job, Paul and many others. Probably NOT... Again I ask you why again did your burdens remain. U figure it out.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Uknowthetruth

Welcome to the board.

Can I ask you, what do you hope to achieve with those kind of remarks? Do you think you can sway our opinion of the Organization? Try it, my friend.

May I also offer you words of advice. Don't ever doubt the lifestyle I was supposed to lead in the Watchtower. Don't ever think you know my situation better than I do. Don't ever tell me to figure it out, I know, and I have figured it out. I led an exemplary Witness life for 19 years, and the help never came. That is what I know. Don't come across like the Watchtower shit doesn't stink, you know it does.

My personal advice to you.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• undercover
    undercover

You're name, uknowthetruth, is somewhat ironic. Those in "the truth" as a JW don't really know the truth about "the truth". Once you learn the truth about "the truth" you no longer remain a JW, if you're true to yourself.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Uknothetruth ....

you've already lost your argument when you start phrases with "Everyone knows"..... weak, very weak.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    He doesn't exist. Well, not in my mind anymore.

Wolfgirl - Amen to that!

Uknowthetruth - Jehovah is dead. Read Crisis of Conscience and get over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit