How ballroom dancing helped our exit

by Finally Left 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TD
    TD

Absolute gold. So happy for you.

We started taking dance lessons at a new place and this time when they asked us to go out after dance we said yes. Wow! We were not judged, there was no bad language, people were actually interested in us.

Wouldn't it be great if more JW's could wake up to this reality?

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Rebel8 ยป The reason many of these people joined in the first place is not because they think, "Ooooh! I've been dying to join a laughed-at cult so I can't celebrate holidays or receive blood transfusions!" No, they joined in spite of those rules because the love bombing was so effective. Take away the love and you are left with the doctrines.

Very well said, but it's kind of brilliant when you think about it. After the love bombing, they cut off the congregation and isolate them to prevent further loss. They also isolate the apostate to punish him and remove the bond of love from family and friends. It all works together to minimize damage to the organization while maximizing damage to the one leaving the organization.

The Society isn't stupid. They've had years to figure this out and work it out to their advantage, and they do it through controlling the flock and the wolf. And someone or some people have gone through a lot of trouble to figure all this out.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome to the board Finally left & your hubby to be free of a cult after so many years

• Finally Left
    Finally Left

Dear Friends, We were so touched by your warm welcome and all of your comments. Thank you so much for your kindness.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Foxtrot right out of that organization! Nice moves!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finally Left says ......

What I was very disturbed about was the change on typical/anti-typical. It was obvious I had been lied to.

Yes the WTS had lied and deceived and the core inherent reason it did so was that its a publishing house, which grew off the exploitation and manipulation of the trusting and naive, so it had be corrupt to attract attention to its published works.

The only thing the Watchtower Corporation continuously evaluated was its numbers of distribution, placements and public readership. It hyped up speculation of Christ's return, the end times etc. and turned it into a commercial venture and that's where the true corruption of this organization exists.

Unfortunately some people couldn't see through this corruption and psychological entrapment.

• Chook
    Chook

Better late than never , we all get angry for being deceived, you have accomplished more than lots on here by getting your spouse see the light. We are all happy for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit