The ups and downs of being a short guy

by Maverick 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

I recognized at a young age that most women prefer men that are taller than themselves. I read somewhere that this is in part due to taller men make women feel safe and feminine. Makes sense to me. I have dated a 'few' ladies in my time and all but two were taller than me, I am 5'5". The average, if I was to guess, was about 5'9". Only two were shorter than me, one English and one Chinese and it felt kinda strange bending down to hug!

Now my question, Ladies, do you dismiss a man if he is shorter than you? And no political correctness OK? Be honest. I know I have to talk to a lot more ladies than my tall male friends, I don't get upset, this is life and a person feels how they feel. I do my best to reward the ladies who give me a shot! But hell, I'm a classy guy! Maverick

• ballistic
    ballistic

OK I know you may not want replies from blokes, but I have had women apologise to me for being short when I find that quite appealing.

• JH
    JH

Some women won't date a man shorter than them, or even the same height as them. Some may even want atleast 6" difference minimum. Often I heard women 5'0" wanting nothing less than a man 6 feet tall.

Well, it's their choice...can't argue taste...

• KGB
    KGB

Hey man I would not worry about your height, it takes all kinds to make this world go around, tall ones and short one, fat ones and skinny ones, good looking ones and ugly ones (eeeeewwwwwww) lol smart ones as well as dumb ones so give yourself a break. Besides if a gal does not want you because your short then its probably a good thing anyways......I don`t like being alone but at the same time being single allows me to do whatever I want......SO THERE !!! LOL

• IronGland
    IronGland

Short guys are always yelling and running around waving their arms with red faces and wearing platform shoes. Perhaps some women find that appealing.

• Aztec
    Aztec

IronGland, you're a smarmy twit!

Maverick, you're not all that short. Since I had the pleasure of meeting you I can say you have a very large personality. Also, you are very charming and friendly. I've dated men who were about my height and never had a problem with it because I so loved their minds. Personality is much more important than anything. I will admit that the majority of the men I've dated have been much taller than me. Not a difficult feat though as I'm pretty short myself.

~Aztec

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

I probably sound like a bitch saying this ... But I do tend to date guys that are taller than me, and never guys that are shorter... But then, I am not a tiny girl, and if a guy is shorter, I simply feel like a giant [which is not good for my self image]....

-

Dutch District Overbeer.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Maverick your taller than me by an inchto me that is tall LOL

• enigma
    enigma

Im 5'8 and my girlfriend of 3 years I just broke up with :( was 5'11 she was the first girl taller than me I have dated, I have to say I kinda have a thing for tall girls now and they don't intimidate me like they used to. I would of never approched a taller woman in the past but now I know that alot of them don't mind guys that are shorter...

Enigma

• SYN
    SYN

I have no advice, except the following: Women find confidence appealing, no matter how tall you are.

Hope that helps!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit