Why The Natural Desire For Sex

by Undecided 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was thinking about this today and wondered why "God" created this overwhelming desire in humans? If we were created in God's image does this mean God has desires like his spirit creatures mentioned before the flood did?

It would seem that man with his inteligence would be able to decide if he wanted to have children and have sex just to procreate. Instead we are born with an almost uncontrollable desire to have sex. I can remember my teenage years and the way I felt. It is just like the animals except humans have the ability to procreate each month but animals only at about 3 or 4 months. My dog comes in heat about that often I think.

This makes me think we are just part of nature and were made with the same desires that controls the world to procreate and keep life going. I wonder if animals have the ability to fall in love like humans? Animal males just seem to get sex as often as they can, do human males have the same tendencies???

I have such strange questions about life and nature.

Ken P.

• sandy
    sandy
    Animal males just seem to get sex as often as they can, do human males have the same tendencies???

You are a guy and you have to ask this question? LOL

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Because it feels good in so many ways

• qwerty
    qwerty

Undecided

You make a good point, it as crossed my mind before. Sex crossed my mind every 2 seconds! now and then!

Maybe we need sexual feelings to bond ourselves to our partner.

Qwerty

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

without it we would be extincted.......

CW

• SYN
    SYN

It's quite simple, really. Those of our ancestors who weren't as sexually driven as us simply reproduced less, which means that their non-horny genes were lost way back when.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Ken, I suggest reading Why is Sex Fun? by Jared Diamond. It should answer all your questions.

• rem
    rem

Funky,

Cool... I was going to suggest one of Jarred Diamond's books too. Probably The Thrid Chimpanzee. I haven't read Why Sex is Fun yet... that sounds more appropos.

rem

• Introspection
    Introspection
    It would seem that man with his inteligence would be able to decide if he wanted to have children and have sex just to procreate.

They can. Granted this may be in the minority, but I'm sure many of us have noticed sometimes how some people just doesn't seem all that mature - which to me isn't a matter of how they behave or how adult they act, but .. I suppose it's a matter of whether they tend to be kind of naive about things. It can be hard to bond when there's this kind of discrepancy, and I think that is also a matter of degree. Sometimes mental faculties can be really compartmentalized so that even people who say have psychology degrees do not see themselves in this way, but with others it's more 'integrated' so that even if the package is nice it's just not that attractive to them.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

'Cuz it's.... ummmm......n at u r al ???

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit