Sure Make Of All things

by mann377 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Matty
    Matty

You're very welcome!

• obiwan
    obiwan

Ok, I get the idea of chronology, did the wt delete this because they were dead wrong or because someone else came up with it? How flawed are the dates and are they just make believe?

Sorry for the dumb questions, I'm just interested to know.

• little witch
    little witch

Thanks for your work, Matty. Very interesting to see this stuff after all these years.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Matty....U Da Man !

Gheez. Do you mean to tell me there are 2 different versions of the Make Sure of all Things?

Makes you wonder? Obviously the WT Writing Department DID NOT Make Sure of All Things ! ROFLMAO

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

No XJW, there are THREE editions of the book "Make SURE Of All Things"; 1953, 1957 and 1965. Two of them are on the WT BS CD.

Obiwan,

Well, first they "establish" the date of 607 BCE, which all historical evidence shows is incorrect.

Then they have that little gem about a creative day being "about" 7,000 years long, although not a single scripture says how long a creative day is - this is absolute speculation.

Using "Bible based(tm)" chronology , they state that we are now about 6,000 years from the date of Adam's creation.

The use Revelation and Matthew to show that Christ will rule the Earth for 1,000 years.

HOLY CHRONO-BABBLE, BATMAN! That means that >>>THIS<<< is the time of the END!!!

But wait, there's more - the "appointed times of the nations" ran out in 1914!!!!!

Do the math - how clear does it have to be? JOIN US OR DIE!

Since the 1920's, Fred Franz was the Watchtower's Chief Chronologist and Prophet. Franz was behind the "millions now living will never die" theme in 1925 with his prediction that dead middle-easterners would rise from their graves and reside in San Diego, CA., and Fred Franz was for decades pointing to the mid-seventies as the date for Armageddon. Once Franz was dead, with ALL his bogus "prophecies" left unfullfilled, the Watchtower began erasing Franz's contribution to "the truth" from all current publications.

Someone on this forus (sorry, I forget who) said not too long ago that an essential element of Watchtower dogma is that "THE END" must ALWAYS be in the not-too-distant future. Only then can you motivate people to sell books for their salvation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit