Australian Child Abuse Royal Commission - Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower to appear on 10 March 2017
Latest date just published for Case Study 54, Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower. The public hearings will commence Friday 10 March 2017 at the Child Abuse Royal Commission's hearing rooms in Sydney.
The scope and purpose of the public hearing is to inquire into:
- The current policies and procedures of Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd in relation to child protection and child-safe standards, including responding to allegations of child sexual abuse.
- Factors that may have contributed to the occurrence of child sexual abuse at Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd institutions.
- Factors that may have affected the institutional response of Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to child sexual abuse.
- The responses of Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia Ltd to relevant case study report(s) and other Royal Commission reports.
- Any related matters.
The purpose of this public hearing is not to inquire into individual sets of facts or particular events as has occurred in previous Royal Commission case studies.
They've moved it back to a week on Friday then. I wonder why?
Two possibilities: Scheduling overruns (prior case studies taking longer than scheduled) and/or non-availability of key personnel on the earlier date.
It will be funny when asked by the commission to the JWs " So what have you done , what changes have you made to protect your children in your congregations?" Then the Wt will respond " well um , um well , ah well we uhm , we umm , well ok umm, can you repeat the question?
Is there a list of WT participants?
They will ask Watchtower biggies "What changes have you made?" ...to which they will reply "We don't remember... er... can't recall... ah we don't have that information because we just do a little translation work"
Thanks for that update jwleaks
Apart from all the obvious things the religion needs to adress before the ARC
1. I believe their should never be a time when a JW male or female goes on his or her own in the D2D ministry ,that would help in curbing a sexual predator from potentinally endangering a child in the general community.
2. I also strongly believe that every adult male and female should have a working with children check before they can engage in the D2D ministry and not just restricted to Elders and Ministerial servants.( as if to say they are the only ones who can molest children)
And what may I ask is 5. Any related matters ? Who can contribute to this ?
It will be funny when asked by the commission to the JWs " So what have you done
To which the reply will be
Don't you think you are being presumptious.
thankyou JW Leaks.
Since the ARC first investigated JW's, WT have released a number of new instructions and policy documents.
My guess is that buried in those new documents are words and sentences, intentionally placed, which can now be used as evidence of changes, or intent of changes being made.
Whether these new instructions materially affect the way child abuse is handled in the congregations is another matter, and one that the ARC will have to hunt through the fog of Theocratic Warfare Strategy to correctly ascertain.
The WT is an experienced master of practised deceit. Only extreme levels of scrutiny will expose their craftiness, trickery and lies.