the difference between Men and Women

by frogit 8 Replies latest social humour

• frogit
    frogit

This is an interesting quote from "Making Your Family Life Happy 1978" trying to explain the difference between Men and Women.
    Page 51 par 23

This is an interesting quote from "Making Your Family Life Happy 1978" trying to explain the difference between Men and Women.
    Page 51 par 23

"APPRECIATE HER FEMININE QUALITIES"

"A woman psychologist wrote: "Basically, women feel while men think." By itself, one trait is not better than the other; they simply are different. We do not care for people who are unfeeling; neither do we like thoughtless persons. Obviously, women have the capacity both to feel and to think, and the same is true of men. But, generally speaking, a woman's emotions more readily come to the fore, while a man is usually more inclined to try to subdue emotion in favor of what he considers a logical approach to matters. Though exceptions, of course, are found, this is another difference that makes husband and wife complements of each other. Along with her basically more emotional makeup, her strong interest in people often causes her to talk more than the man. And she needs someone to return the talk. This is where many husbands fall short."

Scientists decoding the human genome have discovered that just 78 genes separate men from women. But what are they?

Her are some funny differences from the BBC web Site:

Ask a woman in the street how to get somewhere and she will direct via shops. Ask a man and it will be via pubs.

Men appreciate the importance of a 42 inch plasma screen. Women do not.

Men speak in sentences. Women speak in paragraphs.

Women could never invent weapons that kill, only ones that make you feel really bad and guilty until you surrender

Men can write their names clearly in the snow.

Why not make up your own or go and have a look here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3002946.stm

frogit

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    "A woman psychologist wrote: "Basically, women feel while men think." By itself, one trait is not better than the other; they simply are different. We do not care for people who are unfeeling; neither do we like thoughtless persons. Obviously, women have the capacity both to feel and to think, and the same is true of men. But, generally speaking, a woman's emotions more readily come to the fore, while a man is usually more inclined to try to subdue emotion in favor of what he considers a logical approach to matters. Though exceptions, of course, are found, this is another difference that makes husband and wife complements of each other. Along with her basically more emotional makeup, her strong interest in people often causes her to talk more than the man. And she needs someone to return the talk. This is where many husbands fall short."

This generalization makes me positively ill. No wonder the WTS is so sexist when they quote Cracker Jacks psychobabble like this. When I left the Borg, I met SOOO many women who were "thinkers" v. "feelers". And I also met SOOO many men who were "feelers" v. "thinkers". More than I ever thought were on the planet. I think they quote this crap, because it makes them as men (the writers) feel superior. Yeah, they're saying "it's not better...simply different", but what they're REALLY saying is "we men...we strong...we macho...we in control".

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Yes, a typical, over-simplified/mostly false generalization.

Personally, I've found author John Gray's "Mars and Venus" comments/observations/conclusions are much closer to reality. I've learned much more about how men/women interact with each other and how to improve it/appreciate the difference from John Gray then I ever did from Watchtower publications. Talk about applying stuff in my own life THAT works!

I, too see the WT pubs as unbalanced, "man-right", "woman-toe-the-line" baloney.....

---Dan

• Swan
    Swan

Although men are usually physically stronger than women, women have one clear advantage over men; the mysterious power to clean the dirtiest of faces with their spit.

Seriously, there are always exceptions to these generalizations and I think they lead more to separation than understanding. It seems to foster an us vs. them mentality, which is seldom good for anybody.

Tammy

• Aztec
    Aztec

Swan,

Although men are usually physically stronger than women

Only in their upper body. We have much stronger lower body strength! That's so's we can kick the sh*t outta them..LOL!

~Az

• Maverick
    Maverick

A gentlemen's guide to understanding ladies; Ladies go to the rest room to, rest, powder their noses, confer with girlfriends. Ladies don't have germs, and they never smell bad. They are a gift from God, but sometimes I think He has a twisted sense of humor! Maverick

• SYN
    SYN

Men are from Earth. Women are from Earth.

Deal with it!!!

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Men can write their names clearly in the snow.

We can write them clearly on the bathroom carpet too, its just that we choose to stick to using only the fullstops.

Brummie

• JH
    JH
    We have much stronger lower body strength!

Yes Aztec, and so much sexier too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit