My Active JW Mother Told Me They Have Sold Several KHs

by truth1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• truth1
    truth1

My Mother who has been a JW for 38 years told me last night that the Society had said they don't have the funds like they used to for the Kingdom Halls. Their congregation just sold theirs last month and another in their area just sold (michigan). They say they are building double KHs instead. For some reason they are selling them left and right. Little does she know they are saying they don't have the money anymore probably because of lawsuits and the like. What do you guys think? Are they selling them in any of your areas?

• JH
    JH
    What do you guys think? Are they selling them in any of your areas?

No, I don't think so, but I can assure you that they aren't builing any more Kingdom Halls. When I joined some 15 years ago, building halls was popular.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I think that the Watchtower Society has lots of money now, but they are very afraid that they are going to lose it as you say to lawsuits and the like. I think that lawyers in the Watchtower have warned the society to stop overspending, as it could result in backrupcy.

They are also putting their printing house up for sale ; the one overlooking Brooklyn waterfront .... sure to fetch a few dollars.

Recently, they have been begging like dogs at assemblies and conventions, 'Give to Jehovah' etc more than they have ever done before, and Watchtower books have gone from luxurious hardbacks to crappy old softbacks.

With a bit of luck, we may be witnessing the beginning of the end for the WT.... impending lawsuits will help.

www.escapethewatchtower.com

• blondie
    blondie

Many KHs have been told in my area that there is not money for remodeling. They have been told to go to commercial lenders. I don't know if that means the remodeling is frivolous and if the WTS is conserving their cash for the future with situations like France, over $60 million, hanging over their head.

Blondie

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I don't think the WTS believes it will lose their court cases. They have money and time to drag things through the courts for years.

I suspect they are trying to hide the money - pershaps in a tidy little Swiss bank account.

We know far too much about what they own and how much it costs. Never before has the world known the amount of info that we have now. And it will start leaking into the cong. The WTS will do anything to prevent the R&F from knowing how much and where the money is buried

• truth1
    truth1

I hope you're right because my mother and sister are the last ones really left in it and she dragged my father in it after he had been opposed for 35 years. They are up in age and are made to feel guilty about going out in 9 below weather for field service.

• truth1
    truth1

My last post was to Hamas. Sorry I didn't indicate that.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Truth1 They did that in my area some time ago. We had 3 KH, and we put the 2 in the north side of the city up for sale, and built a large 2 cong. type ( with the obligatory C.O./pioneer suite) with a dividing wall in the middle, that could be retracted for circuit assemblies.

Some time therafter, the last remaining KH was put up for sale, so that congregation could share the new hall with us. There was quite a bit of grumbling in that cong. over that, due to the Sunday morning/afternoon and Tuesday/Thursday scheduling conflict. I mean really, going to the KH on a beautiful Sunday morning was painful enough, but who the hell wants to go on a Sunday afternoon?

But the whole issue was moot eventually, because the KH was on the market for over a year, and they just couldn't sell it.

• truth1
    truth1

xjw_b12, well, there is a lady who passed away who donated several acres of land and $3 million t a congregation in that areaa. My mother said they are using the land and money to build a double KH. The story behind that was her kids went to probate court to get the money she left to the JWs and the probate court sided with the witnesses and they got all of the money, except a tiny sum when to the kids. I guess they refused to take care of her while she was living because of being a JW. Anyway, my mother has this blurred concept of the WT and their holdings but I know the real deal because I happened to assist in handling a $12.5 million deal about 4 1/2 years when they bought a building in Florida for the assembly hall.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Haven't heard much about here, but apparently they're re-paving the driveway at my mother's KH. It's a double KH, and 3 congregations share it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit