by enoughisenough 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They know it’s wrong…

…and believe it’s true…

…at the same time.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I don't know if there is one answer. For example, having met Sam Herd I see where he likely is an "honest" believer. It's all he has ever known and frankly, he isn't the sharpest of the group. He is not the "New Light" instigator.

However, it should be quite clear that "somebody at the top" damn well knows it's BS. Consider the many publications that are now out of stock because they were caught lying and misquoting references and inserting ellipses that changed the meaning of the quote. I'm not sure anyone of the GB actually had a hand in such because frankly, I think the GB are kept busy being figureheads. They might have just rubber stamped the draft copy of said publications. Or, actually believe that some young guy in the Writing Dept discovered some wonderful information and quotes.

Do we know who is really running things?

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

"Do we know who is really running things?" I think it is some "worldly" organization pulling puppet strings.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they have been carefully selected over the years as fully indoctrinated believers. The difficulty is when they get to the top, they see how it all really works.

But, as full believers, they justify and rationalise this. I have seen this operate in people who have climbed the Political ladder, they may still be "believers" in the ideology they espouse, but realise it is pragmatic to lie to the "faithful" by not telling the whole truth, or downright telling porkies. But, the said politician STILL believes !

So, with the position, must come increased cognitive dissonance, but they have had a lifetime of dealing with that.

Deluded Charlatans are still Charlatans.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think there is an art to lying to oneself and the GB have mastered it.

They believe what they are saying is true because they want to believe it.

Not because it is a fact ,which it isn`t.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Phizzy

Actually, I suspect authoritarian leaders don’t experience cognitive dissonance.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Bottom line: they're all 'company men' in a multi-billion dollar business who have gained status and power on the Christianity gravy-train.

None of them can have a conscience worth a damn, because they must know many/most of the org's false teachings and corrupt practices.

They're nothing more than front-men who have lackeys to write all the literature articles. Parasitic puppets, living the good life thanks to the sheeples' donations. (Matthew 6:5) Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

It's a bit like the story of the emperor's new clothes.

They are convinced that they are resplendent in their outfits as befits the Guardians of Doctrine.

Whereas the increasing shouting and finger pointing from the sidewalk of former believers is "you're naked!" But they are not going to admit it because they can still fool the R+F that they are not.

"Hey look at us, we're TV stars now. Please keep on paying our salaries, global travels, and expensive scotch, because hey we love you all."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH:

I have heard this said before and I am curious as to what you think the worldly organization might be who is “pulling the puppet strings”?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I can’t speak for the GB but I have known a good many people who wholeheartedly believe what they know as “The Truth” . It doesn’t matter what evidence is pointed out to them because they”lLet God be found true though every man be a liar” . They’ed Say “ Jehovah will clear that up in his time” and carry on. The belief that “The Truth “ is true is stronger than the most basic science fact . They would believe the moon was made of cheese rather than doubt their faith.

As for those at the top , I recall Ray Franz writing that they had little time to do basic personal study . So take a belief like the 1914 date they believe it because it is accepted and would never go back to open mindedly reconsider it . They have spent so many years in the institution that they cannot think outside the box and I can imagine that in the higher parts of Warwick, the power of “ group-think” is immense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit