Have you or have you known someone disfellowshipped more than once??

by anakinsrise 26 Replies latest jw friends

• hyperpen
    hyperpen

Yes, one of my best friends as a witness, who as a married elder began an affair with a sixteen year-old non-baptized girl. He was disfellowshipped the first time for kissing her in parked cars late at night. Then he was reinstated eight months later, at which point he told me he would be an elder again in a "few years." Well he went back to the girl and was disfellowshipped again just four months after reinstatement. He left his wife, married the girl and several years later was made a ministerial servant and she a pioneer. They are now a highly respected "Christian" family of four. I would not be surprised if he was again an elder today.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I had a friend named Joyce who was disfellowshipped more than once. I wish I knew where she was. I met her in Saskatoon, then she moved to Sherwood Park, AB...then she disappeared. I phoned her old number once and her husband did not know where she was anymore. He was heartbroken that she left. I'd sure love to find her again. Last I heard, she was travelling somewhere in the US with a big-game hunter friend that she met through her work.

ESTEE

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I knew one very prominent elder who was disfellowshipped three times! He made a rapid return to prominence when he was reinstated the first time, pretty slow the second time, never returned from the third. Very able, good speaker, personable, connected, couldn't keep his zipper up.

• jads
    jads

I remember a sister in my kingdom hall that just could not stay out of trouble. First she got

pregnant when she was 16yrs old she was not "baptized" at the time so nothing happened to

her but low and behold she got "baptized" about 3 months after the baby was born and next

she got "disfellowshipped". She came to the hall faithfully for about 1 year with nobody

talking to her but she got "reinstated" but no sooner did she get reinstated then an

annoucement was made that "sister so and so" has been reproved for conduct unbecoming

of a christian. And then 6 months later "sister so and so" was "disfellowshipped" again.

Well about a year later she was "reinstated" again and the last I heard that she was

"disassociated" for going to the military. I just could not believe a person would go through

all of that for what to be kicked out again. I gave my "disassociation" letter to the elders

when they came to my house in the year 1993 and I never looked back. My friends started

to "shun" me immediatly after they announced my name at the hall but I am free. And you

might laugh but I started going back to the Kingdom Hall thinking about getting "reinstated"

but the elders treated me like crap since I "disassociated" myself and was not "disfellowshipped" It seems that they treat you worse when you disassociate because

they feel you are of the "evil slave" class when you disassociate but when you are

disfellowshipped you are just taken over by weakness. That was the eyeopener I needed

so I walked out of that Hall and never step foot in it again. They did me a favor by rejecting

me.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Jads!

I gave my "disassociation" letter to the elders when they came to my house in the year 1993 and I never looked back. My friends started to "shun" me immediatly after they announced my name at the hall but I am free.

Similarly, I sent them a letter in Jan 1994 just to be able move ahead with my life. They interpret it as DA, but technically I never said I wanted to disassociate, only that I no longer wanted to be known as one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Tammy

• ikhandi
    ikhandi
    but the elders treated me like crap since I "disassociated" myself and was not "disfellowshipped" It seems that they treat you worse when you disassociate because

they feel you are of the "evil slave" class when you disassociate but when you are

disfellowshipped you are just taken over by weakness

That is sad but so true Jads

• What_is_ur_point
    What_is_ur_point

I am currently on my 2nd time being dfd..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit