Annual Meeting 2017—Talks and Adjustments to the Ministry

by Zeds Dead 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zeds Dead
    Zeds Dead

Just watched this video on dub broadcasting website under latest videos.

The Tony Morris part about 18 mins into the video where he takes forever sermonizing about "seeking out ones rightly disposed to everlasting life" He goes on and on about it and then finally says "The GB have decided that there will only be 3 magazines a year for the public and no year books anymore"

Firstly there must be some active dubbers asking why it took forever just to say that and secondly why another cut back?

Seems like the whole thing is just about the website now.

• The Fall Guy
  • carla
    carla

Only 3 mags a year for the public? Meaning they have to keep offering the same 3 all year or do they still hand out their old wt's/awakes?

They pretty much are expected to go knocking on doors asking people to watch a video now?

I'm confused, my house has a big giant X Do NOT Call under any circumstances! on their little maps I think, so I haven't heard the spiel in quite some time.

• Londo111
    Londo111

3 Watchtowers. 3 Awakes. 6 in total.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

3 Watchtowers. 3 Awakes. 6 in total.

The new policy has really limited the starter fuel for my fireplace.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Yes the new "Why Study The Bible?" video is only a minute long!

Use that as a ministry presentation? Never going to happen!!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Only three rags per year? Each time they have fewer rags, people are stuck with the same articles for longer periods. Before, you had several different articles per rag to feature, and you had the washtowel and asleep rags concurrent. If there was one bad article (that is, one that you could not comfortably feature because it seemed needlessly harsh and you were not on board with it or because it was too difficult to explain), there were other options.

Now, you are stuck with it for longer. You get a rag banning non-race mixing marriage (for whatever reason) and you are part of a same race couple, too bad. Ditto one that has needlessly strict rules against sexuality (such as one that bashes anything that might even hint at being attracted to someone of the opposite sex as "loose conduct"), again too bad. Or one that bashes preparation, even telling people that they shouldn't even own a silver dime (where you see hyperinflation dead ahead, and wish to get a few silver coins yourself). Or one that bans people going on regular vacations. You don't like it, relief is no longer two weeks away, and there is no alternative article to place.

Even if it is three washtowels alternating with three asleeps, it is still 2 months before you get a less awkward article. That anti-sex rag will be there for 2 (or 4) months, and so will that article that gives a confusing and incorrect explanation about jesus krayst or something similar that belongs in the Kool-Aid rag or the midweek boasting session handbook instead. And, if they keep pushing homophobic article after homophobic article or anti-wealth article after anti-wealth article, you are stuck with it until that sequence ends.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Anything that costs money they are cutting back on

they have been making cut backs since 2012

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It means they are dumping the printing business because it is a no money maker, and are now almost wholly in the real estate business based on how to sell them Kingdom Halls in order to pay for the lawsuits around the globe.

I see less meeting requirements and combining of congregations to keep apace till the last one gets sold. The CEOs running this clap trap should be trying to bail with golden parachutes.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The compelling question that has to be asked is when is the WTS going to start making their own computer Tablets for the brothers and sisters to use at Kingdom Halls and service. ?

The new JW Tablet for the new light via digital data , they'd sell like hot cakes I'm sure.

There is the IPad, the Surface Pro, the Chrome Book and now the JW Tab.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit