JWs - Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation

by darkspilver 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

FYI

Saturday 15 April 2017, 4pm to 6pm

Organ, Tissue and Eye Donation

Event specific to the Jehovah Witness Community: What your advance directive didn't tell you, breaking myths and misconceptions about organ/tissue/eye donation.

Plus FREE hemoglobin check for those over the age of 18.

https://www.spartanburgregional.com/community/events/details/?eventId=8628f5d7-c708-e711-9a9c-782bcb3b39aa

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Interesting. Thank you for posting this, dsp.

I see that Yvette Bunch, Bloodless Med/Patient Blood Management Program Coordinator at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, who is a Jehovah's Witness herself, is still actively involved in the bloodless world:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/yvette-bunch-1b202712/

• blondie
    blondie

Too far for me to go; will anyone be there who can report about what is discussed?

Most jws are unaware that hemoglobin-based products (conscience matter) can be made out of expired human blood. Not poured out on the ground although the WTS says jws cannot store their own blood.

Does anyone have a clue what else could concern organ/tissue/eye donations?

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Haven't organ transplants been kosher for quite some time now? Or did the GB ban them again? I'm confused.

• blondie
    blondie

RT, kosher only if done without blood transfusions or blood products.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I don't understand why the Hospital is doing ABGs on healthy adults during a seminar, it is kind of an irrelevant number when you are healthy at the time.

• steve2
    steve2

I don't understand why the Hospital is doing ABGs on healthy adults during a seminar, it is kind of an irrelevant number when you are healthy at the time.

There is nothing at all unusual about the hospital directing this seminar to healthy individuals. It is standard practice in most hospitals and/or medical centres, although the intended audience may vary widely.

Advance medical directives are primarily arranged for the benefit of healthy individuals so that options for treatment are clearly stated in the event a specific treatment could be needed in the future [which is why they are called advance directives].

BTW, advance directives can also specify treatment the individual does NOT want such as when an individual signs an advance directive that hospitals not use resuscitation should diagnoses cardiac conditions develop.

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

I never said why the hospital is giving people the information during the seminar about blood and organ tissue. But doing an Arterial Blood Gas which is the traditional way to determine hemoglobin information. Telling someone when they are healthy that they are within normal range, I don't understand why a hospital thinks that is the part that would benefit someone.

• blondie
    blondie

RO, why don't you contact the hospital and find out?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Richard, you made a really big leap to go from "hemoglobin check" to Arterial Blood Gas test.

An Arterial Blood Gas test has nothing to do with a hemoglobin check.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit